What Race are you most excited to play?

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
RACES. Which one(s) are you most pumped to really get your hands on?

I have a slight advantage, obviously, being involved in the developer process, but my favorite thus far has been the Vampires. They're ruthless creatures, gaining buffs from feeding on the other playable races, and when I first saw the art back in the day, all I could think was, "That's badass." And ever since, they have been THE badasses in my book. After Vampires, though, I have a an undeniable love for the Wretched. Nomadic mutant tribesmen who trade in strength and survival? Color me enthralled.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Rekindled. The idea of the Dead coming back to life through sheer force of will is awesome. It gives me a real nightmarish sense of how badly one of these creatures wants to live in order to finish it's task.

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
I'm a bit biased due to my strong role in their creation, but I love the Vampires. Most of our test games I've played one, though I do like playing an Alypse with high Charisma due to some racial talents they get.

I'm liking the drones a lot. I love the idea of finding some ancient piece of tech and just integrating with it. Or becoming this crude amalgamation of parts replacing them as they fall off. Andаthey're immune to a lot of stuff that the other races aren't making them great for exploring the unknown. Also I love the movie Short Circuit "Johnny 5 Is Alive".

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
I think up to this point, the Wretched are my favorite. They are so much fun to play when combat gets rolling.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Tex said

I'm a bit biased due to my strong role in their creation, but I love the Vampires. Most of our test games I've played one, though I do like playing an Alypse with high Charisma due to some racial talents they get.
I think my next piece of art is going to be a Vampire. I am digging them a lot too.

fenrirwolflord

Shattered Core Backer
I am a new member and have not gotten a chance to look at the playtest yet or do what i plan and back Shattered. However i have to say from the little i know so far i think my favorite is the Shade's. I am very interested in how they useаtelepathic abilities to "speak" also the fact that they areаdetail oriented andаnaturally curious and when they move they seem to blur with shadows all together makes me very interested. I suppose thoughаsecond favorite is wretched i think.а

madblacksmith

Shattered Core Backer
The shade seem like the ones I'd have the most fun playing.а Telepathic curious dragonslayers who may or may not be able to see and talk to the dead?а Love it.

karlstein

Shattered Core Backer
I like the write up for Humans actually, other than that I am interested in Wretched and Shades based on background, but really they all look pretty cool.

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
The Rekindled all the way for me. Elegant and will-driven. A mangled body of torn flesh and broken bones, tucked under a white shawl. I love everything about them, especially the "I'm not done, I'm not dying yet" backstory they all share.

dreamerofdays

Shattered Core Backer
It's hard to pick. I first tried the Shade, but didn't get a chance to really play with the character's "telepathy/mute" thing outside of combat. Humans are interesting, because of the spin on Human Purity, with them being the "elves" in this game.

I'd have to say I'm most eager to try the Rekindled. They just look and sound so cool.

I'm also wanting to make a Wretched, but for pure RP purposes. There's dialog I have planned for a Wretched character.

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
dreamerofdays said

I'm also wanting to make a Wretched, but for pure RP purposes. There's dialog I have planned for a Wretched character.
Oh I'm curious now,аI hope I'll get to hear this planned dialog

dreamerofdays

Shattered Core Backer
fnar777 said
dreamerofdays said
You know the DevilDriver song "Meet the Wretched"? Basically, he only says lines from that song.

"Sell our souls for a good time tonight
We're here to drink, we're here to fight
We'll set our wicked nature free
We'll f*%& the moon and mourn the stars tonight"

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Dreamer-of-Days said
fnar777 said
dreamerofdays said
You know the DevilDriver song "Meet the Wretched"? Basically, he only says lines from that song.

This is amazing. This is actually exactly where Lost got the name for the race. So... good on you!

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Konrad said
Dreamer-of-Days said
fnar777 said
dreamerofdays said

This is amazing. This is actually exactly where Lost got the name for the race. So... good on you!
And it all comes full circle :3

dreamerofdays

Shattered Core Backer
Konrad said
Dreamer-of-Days said
fnar777 said
dreamerofdays said

That made my day.

Top Bottom