• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Welcome!

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Welcome to the Shattered Forums! Feel free to post any questions you have here and we will do our best to answer. We will also be posting some new material for you guys shortly.

а

Thanks,

-zip

Hi, I have a question about races.

I don't know what i want to play at the moment, but i want to know if caracteristics are different in the beginning ?

I saw in the description that ''Wretched'' are brutal and strong, and Shade are more stealthy, if I can say. But can I, if I want, play a wretched wizard ?

Do the races have racials too ?

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Each races also has a few unique "bonuses" (some races also have a very minor "negative" such as Vampires taking a perception penalty in full light). For example, a Wretched gets reduced costs for Mutations. While races may have a slight leaning towards one play style, we were careful to not force a player to play a specific playstyle because of the racial bonuses.

Thank NKdotzip. I think it can be really fun !

I love the artwork of the drone, and i think, if it's possible, i will play something like a drone who can play with magic and gun in the beginning.

а

Tex said
Each races also has a few unique "bonuses" (some races also have a very minor "negative" such as Vampires taking a perception penalty in full light). For example, a Wretched gets reduced costs for Mutations. While races may have a slight leaning towards one play style, we were careful to not force a player to play a specific playstyle because of the racial bonuses.
That's exactly what i want to know with ''racials''.

Thanks for your answers !

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Yes, each race is different. But they can be competent at anything that you want. That Wretched Wizard that you mention is not only possible but very useful. You could be a tanky Primaltheurgist (Fireballs and other elemental spells), lots of armor and lots of damage. You could be a Melee brawling Necromancer that tag teams enemies with his Stitch (think Frankenstein's monster). There are a lot of other possibilities too and each race will bring its own flavor to a build.

Not sure what you mean by racials. I can tell you that each race does have talents(think feats) that are unique to them.

а

-zip

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
valkhes said
That's exactly what i want to know with ''racials''.

Thanks for your answers !
As Tex stated, yes there are racial bonuses. Every race begins with five unique traits that grant benefits, and a few come tethered with small penalties. Furthermore, there are skills that can be purchased with XP throughout a game that are race-specific. Some examples include: humans gaining bonuses to combat and penalties for diplomacy with a chosen group/race/entity, vampires gaining immunity to the sun, or drones earning bonuses when working in groups.