• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Welcome one, Welcome all

elcookie

Shattered Core Backer
Hi my name is Benjamin, or Ben for short (Or just call me Cookie that is what my friends do
)

I have backed on kickstarter at the love-crafter tier, and is really looking forward to the game

If anyone wanna talk or chat, my skype is banjomin1, just write that you found me under Shattered

Lets all have a good time with a game that is surely gonna be great

Pul

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Welcome Cookie!

Glad to hear you're stoked for the release, as I can assure you all of us here at I.N.D.E. are.
Feel free to ask us any questions.

Also if you haven't perused the current available playtest, please do so, let ya get a feel for the systems and setting

elcookie

Shattered Core Backer
I have read most of it, and have noticed somethings such as that it says that a victim of a vampire get a +1 to somethings per mouthfull of blood the vampire sucked, and to me it would make more sense if they got a -1 per, since that they are gonna be sluggish after the draining (might also just be a mistake in the play test thing)

and also noticed that the mutations only go to mutation level 4 and Im thinking you are hiding level 5 and 6 for a more complete release

was wonderring about the spells in the game. Is there gonna be a kinda list of the spells for the different things or is just up to the players to make up what the want to do and then to the gm about it being possiable and damage and such?

And is there gonna be some kinda "God" list or faith thing to see some of the religions in the world of shattered?

а

As you can see I allready have alot of questions xD

а

But yeah Im gonna try to make a couple of characters from some of the races later from the playtest sheet we got and the info in it

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
El Cookie said
I have read most of it, and have noticed somethings such as that it says that a victim of a vampire get a +1 to somethings per mouthfull of blood the vampire sucked, and to me it would make more sense if they got a -1 per, since that they are gonna be sluggish after the draining (might also just be a mistake in the play test thing)

and also noticed that the mutations only go to mutation level 4 and Im thinking you are hiding level 5 and 6 for a more complete release

was wonderring about the spells in the game. Is there gonna be a kinda list of the spells for the different things or is just up to the players to make up what the want to do and then to the gm about it being possiable and damage and such?

And is there gonna be some kinda "God" list or faith thing to see some of the religions in the world of shattered?

а

As you can see I allready have alot of questions xD

а

But yeah Im gonna try to make a couple of characters from some of the races later from the playtest sheet we got and the info in it
Vampires: they give a +1 if it's just a little bit but they also give fatigue. The more the vampire drinks, the more fatigue the target accrues.

The playtest is simply a playtest, if we released everything then it would be like giving away the book!

For the spells, you pick the pieces of your spell: more damage, (bigger) AoE, etc for the spell. It's less of "I'm casting a delayed fireball level 9" and more of "I'm casting a spell". We went for fluidity and on the fly spell casting rather than specific spells.

Currently, no. There is no "God" or religions. Religions are pretty much shunned due to the Reckoning. The only religion-like component we have are the factions in the Alypse who wish to finish what they've started and the folks which sort of worship the elements. Marshals are the champions of the elements but don't necessarily worship them.

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
To expand on what Tex said.

Vampires: Some of the thinking here was tied to "classic" lore of Vampires, where the victim may feel a sense of Euphoria while being fed upon. But as Tex said, they also gain fatigue which imposes penalties as more fatigue is gained.

Mutations: Yes, we have left a few things out, though we may release larger pieces in the future. The current iteration of the playtest is intended to get people started and some of the higher level mutations would require a longer campaign to attain. The same reasoning was used for our talent list and skill ranks. But again, I wouldn't be surprised if we released an addition to the playtest in the future.

Magic: Tex pretty much nailed it. Our intent was to give players several spell components which they could mix and match --on the fly-- to gain different effects.

Religion: Tex kinda got at some of this. Religion in one form or another has always existed throughout our history here on earth, and it's common to see people turn to religion during times of crisis. This is no different for Shattered. On Feneryss, the largest of the faiths revolve around the observed elements ofаlife and the physicalаworld. These elements balance each other out and always exist in opposing pairs; Life/Death, Fire/Water, War/Peace, etc. Representing each of these elements are Marshals, who act as both priests and champions of their congregation. All that said, we've left plenty of room for other religions should players want to create them.

Hope that helped answer your questions with some more detail.

-zip

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Well hello, Benji! (Ha! Beat the system!)

Welcome aboard, and I gotta say thanks for helping us. 100$ is a big deal in my book. (pun...?) I look forward to seeing just what you put together. That said, do you have any ideas for your monster yet?

elcookie

Shattered Core Backer
I have an idea of like af panther like creature, with no hide only a grey paleish skin. 4 front legs and the 2 most in front have something that is more or less like or thumb. It have 3 pair of eyes, one pair in front, one pair to the sides, and one pair to the back so it can see 360 degrees around itself. It have a mouth like the reapers from Blade 2 (http://www.cinemaquette.com/sites/default/files/banner/ecc_reaper_bust_banner_final_new_1.jpg). It have a medium long tail, which it uses for balance but can also use to trip people and creatures.

thats the idea for now xD

I also thought that is not a very common creature, because it is a very great hunter where it lives and the Shade knows it and know how dangerous it is and would rather try to run from it then try to fight it. They also know that it have a very sensitive sense of smell so somethings with strong smells like: Perfume or something like that thrown at it's head will most likely make it run away or get so confused that they can kill it. They know that the creature hunts alone, but have seen them hunt as mother and child after giving birth.

а

Let me know what you think.
that was just the first idea I got

elcookie

Shattered Core Backer
That is kinda the point, but it is also suppose to be a creature you would only find in like a few areas and you would only run into it once or twice since it is not supposed to be a common creature, supposed to not be that many of them since they only really come near each other durring matting season and might not even get near each other then that is

а

but the idea might change, since it was just the first outcast of an idea