• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Video Games!

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Hiya, everyone! I was thinking that since we have a music topic, a gaming one was the obvious thing to do.

So yeah, my personal favorites are Shadow of the Colossus, Zero Escape: 999, and The Longest Journey. I do love a good story :3

Shadow of the Colossus, if you haven't played it yet, is a game where you seek to resurrect your fallen love by slaying 16 mythical beasts of enormous proportions. I've never once seen a game like it before or since, and it is an experience you won't forget.

Zero Escape: 999 is a visual novel with point and click puzzle elements. The story is so thick that I can't get into it too much without spoiling it, but basically you are one of 9 people trapped on a boat by someone and you have to find the door labeled 9 in 9 hours or the boat sinks and you all die. On the way the plot is so thick and mind blowing that I actually called my friend at 3 am when I was done to yell excited at him (I'd say talk but I don't think the majority of it wasаspeech) about it.

The Longest Journey is a point and click adventure, and holy god is it well put together. None of the solutions are beyond the logic of a normal person, it features a realistic cast of people, including the first normal gay couple I think I've seen in gaming from that era (~1999), and the majority of the game is exploring this magical world filled with amazing peoples and places. It's like 9.99 on steam, go buy it.

Oh dear oh no I have a list a mile long of my favorites.

I'll just sorta... List off the ones I've adored over the years and leave it at that, gosh. I could go in-depth, but there isn't too much to say about them, I feel.

So here they are (If a part of a series, assume its the entire series.): Pokemon, Borderlands, Left 4 Dead, Monster Hunter, Gears of War, Minecraft, Terraria, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, and... Eh, there's probably more, I just can't think of them at the moment.

I'm terrible I know.

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Heh. I was wondering when someone would ask.

I love a lot of video games, but lately --because I'm working on paying for my wedding-- I'm enjoying a lot of free to play games.

-League of Legends (Current mains are Vlad and Nautilus)а

-World of Tanks (Russians)

-Warthunder (Planes only so far)

а

Among the games I've paid for, I play a lot of:

-Diablo 3 (Barbarian in Normal, Crusader in HC)

-Guild Wars 2 (Thief)

-Evolve (Support)

-Payday 2

-Civilization V

а

-zip

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Video games are my bag, baby!

So let me prelude this post with the following; I run a gaming-oriented YouTube channel called The Hidden Redcoat. Primarily, I run Warframe-related content, (mainly because I am a Community Moderator on their official forums and a Guide of the Lotus in-game,) but I have been playing a lot of other games of late. I am also blazing into the world of streaming over on my twitch channel!

Evolve, Diablo 3, Earth Defense Force 2025, Mass Effect 3 MP, Bloodborne, Wolfenstien the New Order and Metro 2033/Last Light Redux to name but a small portion.

My favorite games of all time are the oldies though. The Legacy of Kain series, Dark Sector, AsuraТs Wrath, Killing Floor and most of all, the Shadow Hearts series.

Some things I am looking forward to however; Deus Ex 2, Killing Floor 2, Skyforge, The Division and of course the Videogame adaption of Shattered. OF COURSE.

If you guys want to hit me up on the various platforms, you can find me by looking for the following:

Xbox: WarBelly
PSN: CarnBear
Steam: SilverBones
Warframe: SilverBones

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
My favorite game of all time is Neverwinter Nights 1. Though I currently am enjoying The Talos Principle and EVE Online. I WILL DESTROY YOUR INTERNET SPACESHIP PIXLES! Hehehe.

Hey Bear, I just started playing Warframe again. My name is Drifter_11

Favs include Mass Effect 2, Metal Gear Solid 1, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, KOTOR, The Walking Dead: Season 1.

hadokenchild

Shattered Core Backer
Faves

FPS: Borderlands, Halo, Half Life 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Breakdown, Steel Battalion, Descent, Turok, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Forsaken, Doom, Time Splitters

RPGs: FF3(6), FF Tactics, Dragon Quest, Mass Effect, Record Of Lodoss War, Phantasy Star Online, Kingdoms Of Amalur, Secret Of Mana, Breath Of Fire, KOTOR, Dragon's Dogma, Shadowrun

Shooters: R-Type, Gradius III, Einhander, Ikaruga, Zero Gunner, River Raid, Shooter, Philosoma, Axelay, Darius, BioMetal, Phalanx, Crimson Skies

Shooters (other): Panzer Dragoon, Time Crisis, Elemental Gearbolt, Virtual Cop, House Of The Dead, Mechassault, Afterburner, StarFox, Omega Boost, Gungrave, Die Hard, Tomb Raider, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Armored Core, Project: Horned Owl, Gears Of War

Fighting: Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Bushido Blade, Guilty Gear, Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown, Brutal: Paws Of Fury, Killer Instinct, Soul Blade, Marvel vs SNK, Clayfighter II, King Of Fighters

Side Scrollers: Rygar, Super Contra, Sonic, Mario, Strider, Mega Man, Final Fight, TMNT Arcade, Dust: An Elysium Tail, Metal Slug, Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, Act Raiser, Blackthorne, Earthworm Jim, Cybernator, Castlevania, Star Wars games, Metroid, Rayman, Cyborg Justice

Puzzle: The Lost Vikings, Tetris, Dr Mario, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Portal, Limbo, Bomberman, Katamari Damacy

Racing: Wipeout, Twisted Metal, Destruction Derby, Sega Rally, Super Off-Road, Burnout, F-Zero, Need For Speed, Extreme G, Hydro Thunder, Jet Moto, Outrun

Adventure: The Legend Of Zelda, ShadowvOf The Colossus, Armed And Dangerous, Gauntlet, The Immortal, Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver, Beyond Good And Evil

Sports: NFL2K, NFL Blitz, Tony Hawk, Skate, Loony Toons B-Ball, Pit Ball, Sega Bass Fishing, NBA Jam

genoby

Shattered Core Backer
oh man. favs in order:

playstation 2's soul reaver
Warframe
Armored core Nexus, 3, 2, For answer, Verdict day. in that order
Tekken 6
Halo 3
Call of duty world at war
Fear 2
Battlefield 3
Fallout new vegas
Crysis 3,2,1
and last but not in the slightest least
Dishonoured

I play both League and Guild Wars 2 pretty frequently, but rather casually on both (unranked in league, only one level 80 in GW2). аBut they are both lots of fun.

I usually like RPGs, and my favorite game list is usually: Borderlands 2, Fallout New Vegas, Bastion, Risk of Rain, and Dark Souls. аThere are so many other games I love though.