The 1337th New Texas Abyssal Fists

Konrad

Wordsmith
Staff member
INDE Staff
Shattered GM
#41
Stubber rounds knock a few dents into one of the incoming buggies but otherwise seems ineffective. Twirling the Multi-Laser around, Sergeant Harris gets similar results: only one shot connects, but it leaves a smoking hole in the buggy's frame. Then the Bolter comes to life with a DAKKA DAKK-CHUNK and abruptly returns to silence. At the sound, Natalia rushes up from the rear and falls into a familiar rhythm, clearing the jam. She gives Wilhelm a smile when she finishes and turns to head back.

Ralley nearly throws the poor girl into the bulkhead between crew and troop bays, but she catches herself. The promethium engine roars and accelerates, rapidly closing the distance. At this range it is obvious that the orks are on their last legs. It's also very clear that something is horribly wrong with the starboard engine of the shuttle. (Half Action Awareness +0, or Tech-use +10).

With the team's Chimera well out of reach, the fresh warbuggies target the pair of much closer Chimeras. They close to 120m and fire. Six rokkits and a large salvo of shoota rounds hurtle down the runway. Only one rokkit produces any danger, creating a large crater in front of one Chimera. The big shootas are similarly ineffectual.

The Chimeras retaliate with coordinated fire and obliterate a rokkit buggy. That same female voice taunts you. "'Fraid of a lil rokkit, boys? C'mon, get back inna fight!"
 

Lithairian

Idea Man
Staff member
INDE Staff
#42
looking at the shuttle, Cyntha gets the impression somethings not right. "Hey Squad! Someone good with tech or keen on perceiving take a look at that Shuttle and give me a report! Ralley, turn this beauty round and lets show our new friends what were made of, sugar! Lets frag these warbuggies!"(half-action)(inspire, command 53(43 FEL +10 skill) v Roll 47) With the orders out she keeps the multi laser focused on the war buggies, "Lets cut you xeno scum from the galaxy!"(half action)(BS 37(37+10-10 move) v roll 19(2 success)) (damage 1: 15 PEN 7(2+3 BSB+2 DoS) 2: 28 PEN 7(2+3 BSB+2 DoS))
 

NKdotzip

The Occasional Wizard
Staff member
INDE Staff
#43
As she continues the chase at tactical speed (15m, Half-Action, No Check Required) she tries to get a closer look at the shuttle (Half-Action)(Int 31 + 10 Tech-use + 10 Inspired vs Roll of 51).
 
Last edited:

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
#44
Tib growls and opens up on the dented warbuggy determined not to be out done by the other chimeras. Gotta get more killmarks for this Chimera, right? Those more tech savy individuals could deal with that shuttle thing. Doing intelligent tinkering really wasn't his strong suit. (46 + 10 inspire - 10 range = 46 vs 12 roll; 4 DoS; 3 + 4 DoS = 7 pen; dmg: 4+8+4 DoS=16, 7+4+4 DoS=15, 6+4+4 DoS=14, 4+4+4 DoS = 12)
 

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#45
"i owe you one Nat. you know how i am with bolters and such, i swear the machine spirits get jealous" (BS 76 (-10auto, +10 ins, +20 short) v 16) (6 potential hits, damage: 13, 12, 12, 18crit, 17, 14 pen 5 (plus 5 for BS +6 for DoS against vehicles) and then the gun jams again! fml)
 

Konrad

Wordsmith
Staff member
INDE Staff
Shattered GM
#46
Cyntha swivels the turret to face the latest threats and opens up the Multi-Laser. Two shots connect, and two is all it takes. The last warbuggy if the initial assault detonates, flips, and lands on its top. A pair of smoldering, black-green shapes lie nearby.

Glancing up at the shuttle, Ralley very quickly identifies all the signs of a flooding engine that's been exposed to fire. If someone doesn't do something soon, that engine will explode and possibly take the rest of the shuttle and a chunk of the runway with it. With no more enemies ahead, Ralley kicks it around again to face their allies and- beyond them- the final four warbuggies, 140m ahead.

Tib has difficulty obtaining a clear line of fire with friendlies in the way, but nevertheless he lands several hits. Unfortunately, the effect is minimal: a few more dents and a couple more holes.
 
Last edited:

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#47
"Ralley you are spinning us around more than a a tumbleweed in a whirlwind i cant hit those damned xenos like this" firing the heavy bolter wildly at the rokkit armed warbuggies ahead (BS 56 (-10 driving like a madwoman, +10 ins) v 85 and 26, 4 potential hits: 16, 18crit, 11, 12. pen 14)
 

Konrad

Wordsmith
Staff member
INDE Staff
Shattered GM
#48
If the Chimera was a tumbleweed in a whirlwind, Wilhelm was a Zen master in the eye of the storm. Once he found his center, there was no stopping him. The first explosive round tore off the hood and singed the driver; the second shot plugged the barrel of the rokkit launcha. If you've never seen a rokkit and Bolter round explode in tandem, the result is about what you'd expect. The launcha was reduced to its base atoms. The ork behind it received a similar treatment. The vehicle tore in half, and there was a split second during which the driver attempted to Fred Flintstone the remaining front half of his buggy, then tripped. The ork-brake left a pretty green skidmark down the tarmac.

The next pair of rounds also found purchase on the nearby shoota buggy. They were not nearly as impressive, but afterward the engine was seen trailing smoke.

That left two shoota warbuggies and one rokkit warbuggy, which continued to close the gap. They were orks, after all. Cowardice was not in their vocabulary. They closed to 110m and split wide, trying to find angles in the side armor of the lead pair of Chimeras. They also drove like maniacs, making wild turns and wiggles, trying to be unpredictable (-20 to hit the rokkit buggies).

The driver of the shoota buggy lost control and the vehicle cut an arc across the straight path of the leading Chimeras and exposing his flank. It made him a ripe target but the shoota was also the least dangerous weapon in play.

One Chimera took advantage of the easy shot. Heavy Bolter fire barraged the side of the car, the concussive force rolling it. The unarmored underside was easily torn apart. Five separate pieces of buggy and seven separate pieces of ork scattered and bounced across the runway.

The other Chimera turned to face its flankers and also fired salvos, but failed to connect with the erratic warbuggies.

Only two warbuggies remained, each packing a rokkit launcha and racing across the runway at manic speeds. They were 110m from your Chimera and only 100m from your fellow Guardsmen. One was creeping up on either flank of the trio of Chimeras, hoping to be the one to get the lucky shot.
 
Last edited:

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
#49
Determined to get a final killshot, Tib took aim with the heavy stubber and opened up on the dented warbuggy. "DIE GREENSKINS! You won't get anything from us!" All he really wanted was another solid kill on a Warbuggy. (BS 46 vs 1; dmg: 18, 18, 14, 16, 16; pen 12)
 
Last edited:

Lithairian

Idea Man
Staff member
INDE Staff
#50
"Hey anyone get any idea whats going on with the shuttle?" Cyntha asked as she began bringing the multi-laser to bare on the warbuggies.(half-action)(BS 27(37+10-20) v Roll 17(2 success))(damage 28(crit 4), 23 PEN 7(2+3BSB+2DoS)) Over the micro-Beads she addresses all the chimeras, "Time for this Fist to drive it home! Lets blast this xenos scum from the galaxy!" (half action: Inspire)(Command 53(43FEL+10skill) v Roll 96)
 

NKdotzip

The Occasional Wizard
Staff member
INDE Staff
#51
"Engine's flooding, probably from stray fire," Ralley answered, "If someone doesn't do something the thing could go up, taking the shuttle, part of this runway, and probably some of us along with it!"
 

Lithairian

Idea Man
Staff member
INDE Staff
#52
over the micro-bead to the shuttle and the other chimera's, "Look alive! That shuttle is leaking something fierce and on fire. We either need to put it our or clear the field! shuttle crew if your able to lock the engines down and clear the fire that would be mighty fine of you! If not we need to know now! Chimera brethren will need support so we can ex fill the shuttle crew if they cant get it locked down, would you kindly be on standby!" The last bit was more order then request, but in the best of ways.
 

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#53
"dont forget we have 2 rokkit buggies fixin to blow us or the shuttle up! they are zaggin all over the runway i cant get good shots on them. Tibbers you got any luck hitting them? who would have thought giant orks in big ass wagons could be so hard to get a clean shot on?!?" Wilhelm fires wildly with the heavy bolter (BS 26 (-10 FA, -20 maneuvers vs 58 and 89)
 

Konrad

Wordsmith
Staff member
INDE Staff
Shattered GM
#54
The shuttle crew did not answer. If she was going to try to save the shuttle, Ralley knew she'd have to reboard and find the fuel line controls.

Tib finally found the sweet spot. Three Stubber rounds bore through the front fender of the warbuggy and found the drivetrain. It separated, caught the plasticrete tarmac, and flipped the buggy. The green skidmarks it left behind were twice as long as the Fred Flintstone ork.

One down one to go.

The Multi-Laser swung to starboard and delivered two clean hits. The first fused the the gimbals on the rokkit launcha mount, locking it in place. The second shot tore through the driver's seat and the warbuggy kicked like a wounded animal. Before the orkboy on the rokkit launcha could troubleshoot, the nearest Chimera solved the problem by blasting the warbuggy into about a hundred pieces. Once the shrapnel came to a rest, the area seemed suddenly very quiet. The promethium-powered engines of the three Chimeras still rumbled, and the shuttle gave off a nervous, low-pitched whine, but it seemed the battle was nearly to its end. Gunfire rang out in the distance, but seemed to be retreating.

The squad had just emerged from its first engagement unscathed. Even the Chimera had suffered no significant damage. It was a solid start. But just then they had a very serious problem if Ralley's deduction was accurate: they either had to risk going back to the shuttle and clear the burning engine, or else clear the runway to avoid the inevitable blast.
 

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#55
"I am so glad those damned xenos never had the fortune to be blessed with the God Emperors sights on firearms or this would have been bad" Wilhelm chuckles to himself as he and Natalia reload the heavy bolter. "Im sorry darlin', i didnt mean to get frustrated at you, I really do love bolters. I just grew up with a las on New Texas (yeehaw!), and im just so used to it."
 

Lithairian

Idea Man
Staff member
INDE Staff
#56
across the micro-bead,"One threat dealt with, one to go." quickly thinking. "hey chimeras, get clear of the airfield while we deal with the shuttle. Don't need more then one chimera up in smoke." switches to squad comms. "Alright, Ralley, get us to the shuttle and see if you can fix it, Tibs, Wilhelm, take a 2 and clear the shuttle crew back to the chimera, I'd like to be ready." Nodding to no one in particular, "Rest of the squad, stay frosty, the green menace could still be around!"(half action)(Inspire(Command 53(43FEL+10skill) v Roll 64)
 

NKdotzip

The Occasional Wizard
Staff member
INDE Staff
#57
"Guys I can't hail the crew, something's wrong up there," Ralley said, bringing the Chimera to a sliding halt near the shuttle.

She grabbed her Las and gear and slapped the button for the rear hatch release before Cyntha had issued any orders. When they finally played out across the microbeads, a faint smile traced Ralley's face as the hatch closed behind her.

"Somebody take the wheel and get the Chimera out of the blast zone," she ordered, stomping off toward the shuttle with her gun at the ready, "One of you should at least know the basics. Get it out of here and I'll call you back in when it's safe."

Ralley took a few steps further toward the injured craft, taking a visual account of its cavities and any visible damage.

"Or..." she continued, "I won't."

She propped the Las against one shoulder and fumbled for her Auspex in hopes that it might spot anything she couldn't (Tech Use 31 vs 95) before moving again to venture inside.
 

Lithairian

Idea Man
Staff member
INDE Staff
#58
not on the micro-bead, "I swear to the Emperor Ralley...." as she moves to the operator seat having taken the same basic operating classes as most of the squad.(half action) over the micro-bead, "Ralley hurry up, I don't need any heroes. Tibs and wilhelm hurry with that crew!" she begins going over the controls re familiarizing herself and making sure she has the 'go fast' controls at the ready. not over the micro-bead, "Ok this ones forward and this ones the back hatch..."
 

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
#59
"Will do Sarge, let's get goin' Wilhelm!" Tib stated firmly as he slapped his lascannon to his back and leaped out the back hatch with urgency.
 

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#60
"Sorry Tibbers, i couldnt get out of the seat. Stuck on my blasted power pack." Wilhelm exclaims as he charges out the back of the Chimera after Tibs. While running he briefly follows Ralley with a concerned look, "you find the problem Ralley? i think it has a leak..." as he runs by her.
 
Top Bottom