• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Stich and Necromancer Balancing and Questions

zelkein

Shattered Core Backer
Hi^^

Question: If I start with a necromancer and that in my background I already have a stich or many stiches in my barn. I know I can only have one at a time, but what of the strength/upgrades I can put on one stich?

Lets say I start with 41 HP (which is good) and want to start with a stitch as strong as I can (let's say i've put 10 years in making it). From what i've read, I could use 28 HP from my HP pool, fall to 13 total HP, be weak and my stich would be REALY strong.

It says I regain all my HP/fatigue lost while using a stich if I deactivate it or it dies... Sooo if I get to 0 HP and fall unconsious. Can I deactivate my stich and get back 28 HP? Or does it have to die? Or can I deactivate and reactivate it like I want? It isn't clear.

I could have 5 stiches in a caravan, stop the caravan, send a stich to fight, when it's near death, I could activate my other stich and send it and so on?

I'm just trying to figure out where I should put a stop to the stich creation/animation power. From what i've read, it could be the strongest thing in the system. Or not.

I think there should be some limits. Maybe saying that you regain your max HP pool when a stitch is down but not the hit points?

Thanks!

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Those are all fair questions, thanks for asking! We're going to be discussing these at our development meeting tomorrow and we'll keep you posted!

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
zelkein said
It says I regain all my HP/fatigue lost while using a stich if I deactivate it or it dies... Sooo if I get to 0 HP and fall unconscious. Can I deactivate my stitch and get back 28 HP? Or does it have to die?
Answer: The health will only be returned to the necromancer if the Stitch is disassembled out of combat. If the Stitch is defeated or disassembled during combat, the necromancer willl regain their MAXIMUM health, but will not HEAL from the process. If you were at 13 HP prior to the Stitch's death/disassembly, you will be at 13 HP upon its death/disassembly.
Or can I deactivate and reactivate it like I want? It isn't clear.I could have 5 stitches in a caravan, stop the caravan, send a stitch to fight, when it's near death, I could activate my other stitch and send it and so on?
Answer: You can spark a Stitch only out of combat. You may extinguish a Stitch as you please. So in this case, no, you could not throw one Stitch after the other, as combat is too intense to maintain proper focus for the sparking process.
I'm just trying to figure out where I should put a stop to the stitch creation/animation power. From what i've read, it could be the strongest thing in the system. Or not.
I think there should be some limits. Maybe saying that you regain your max HP pool when a stitch is down but not the hit points?
Thanks!
Answer: That is how it was intended, though we obviously failed to clearly state that.
Thanks for the questions zelkein! That really helped us clear up some mechanical issues on Necromancy. Keep us posted on anything else you find.

zelkein

Shattered Core Backer
Well I guess it's clear now^^

I'm sure you will do the adjustments on the rule book.

One last question:

If I can only spark out of combat, it's not possible to raise a friend who just died or an ennemy who just died in battle to continue fighting?

It's more of a Magic-Bio-Mechanical process to be done in a lab like frankenstein?

Thank you.

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
For the strengthening of stitches, what does the SP mean, like if I have 3 in Necromancy can I spend a turn strengthening the spark until I don't have any health, or is it like a committed thing?

Also how long do you keep the overcast points for putting a construct on a stitch?

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
fnar777 said
For the strengthening of stitches, what does the SP mean, like if I have 3 in Necromancy can I spend a turn strengthening the spark until I don't have any health, or is it like a committed thing?

Also how long do you keep the overcast points for putting a construct on a stitch?
I'm having difficulty understanding the question. Could you attempt to clarify?

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Konrad said
fnar777 said

I'm having difficulty understanding the question. Could you attempt to clarify?
Yeah of course, I'm sorry.

In the stitch book there is an SP rating next to the strengthening spark rules, the committed ones that lower your max health. I was asking if I had Necro of 3, could I just keep strengthening the spark until I didn't have the health to. Also, when adding constructs and such (Hulk, Raptor, and such) it will definitely incur some overcast points, but do they stay with you longer or dissipate like normal overcast points..