Price for Crafting tools

Kamosh

Greetings!

I'm setting a nomadic crafter part of a company of ne'er do wells who will seek their place in our dangerous world.

He's focused on crafting at character generation and we can't find specific info regarding the cost of a workshop or their tools - it's written as to indicate that a proper crafting workshop is available on cities at the discretion of the GM.

Has anyone set a determined price for portable tools and their operation? Can weapons be repaired in the road with such tools?

Regards!

akishma

In other RPGs the cost of crafting tools range around a third of starting funds. In this cast I would assume 135 notes, for a tool set.
Unless you include the tool set along with the rent for a Workbench. For example 6 notes per day to rent a workbench modified by the city tax.
for example PULSE +1

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
We don't currently have a set value, but we have discussed it as a team and feel that @akishma has a solid argument for cost. For the time being, we would suggest you go with the numbers in the post above.

I can understand why many premade items are listed on a higher cost than the actual crafting cost, but I'm confused why some items are listed at a lower price than the crafting cost, for example the revolver. maybe I'm calculating incorrectly, I don't know. Just wanted to ask for clarification or if there was a reason behind that.

Also, Grade determines the amount of enchantments a weapon can have, but it doesn't list the actual amount is it 1 for 1? Prosthetics have the same wording "determine" about wear limit and says it "dictates" enhancements, but gives 3 wear limit and 1 enhancement for 1 grade. I apologize so much for getting into semantics, but I've found it important in understanding other RPG rulebooks.

Kamosh

Also, Grade determines the amount of enchantments a weapon can have, but it doesn't list the actual amount is it 1 for 1? Prosthetics have the same wording "determine" about wear limit and says it "dictates" enhancements, but gives 3 wear limit and 1 enhancement for 1 grade. I apologize so much for getting into semantics, but I've found it important in understanding other RPG rulebooks.
As stated:

Grade indicates the weapon’s overall quality and determines its maximum enhancements. Grade must be increased via crafting upgrades
in order to increase a weapon’s features beyond their current grade’s maximum. Total dice and damage (or focus enhancements) cannot
exceed twice the weapon’s grade if the grade is less than 5.

For me, you can put as many enhancements as the grade of the weapon x2.

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
That is actually a relic of a previous version of the ruleset that we missed when the rules were adjusted. There is realistically no limit on enhancements (only damaged-based ones) providing you can pay for them and pass the crafting checks.

Kamosh

That is actually a relic of a previous version of the ruleset that we missed when the rules were adjusted. There is realistically no limit on enhancements (only damaged-based ones) providing you can pay for them and pass the crafting checks.
As well as the crafting UC limit :D Awesome!

Kamosh

I can understand why many premade items are listed on a higher cost than the actual crafting cost, but I'm confused why some items are listed at a lower price than the crafting cost, for example the revolver. maybe I'm calculating incorrectly, I don't know. Just wanted to ask for clarification or if there was a reason behind that.
I don't see how you can reach a lower price for the revolver - for me the crafting price is as follows:

revolver.png

The listed price is N280 and UC 15, so the listed price would be higher than the listed one :) Maybe you can post your crafting calculations?

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Nope, we borked the price on the Revolver. It is lower than what it's supposed to be. Our bad!

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Yup, this was brought to our attention recently and we have set out to fix costs of all crafted items. I will mention here that even with the corrected costs, Pre-Generated equipment will be more expensive than crafting it yourself because of the Storefront cost mentioned on page 143 (5 Nts. per hour required to craft).

Yup, this was brought to our attention recently and we have set out to fix costs of all crafted items. I will mention here that even with the corrected costs, Pre-Generated equipment will be more expensive than crafting it yourself because of the Storefront cost mentioned on page 143 (5 Nts. per hour required to craft).

Assuming you don't charge your friends for your hard work :)

Also, players ought to keep in mind that given the UC, most crafters would do the extended work hours to lower the UC's to a more managable level, as well as stack specialized training and shorthand :D So that ought to put up the hourly price ;)

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
I may have used my own shorthand for some of it, but it should be listed in the book as "Damage Points" for 1 UC and :nts:25.

Last edited:
Top Bottom