Maps, Geography, Capital Cities?

After going through the alpha release, I've noticed a lack of geography, lore, and general world information, but I know it's all out there because I was given a lot of information during the playtest at Kublacon. аIs there a timeline along which we should expect to see a basic map of the world released (or a brief description of the "homelands" of each of the races)? аI'm throwing together a campaign to test mechanics out with some friends and it would be helpful if I had some geographic knowledge.

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Yes, the information is out there. In fact, we have quite a bit of information but we don't want to put too much of it out there because it's not integral to playtesting the systems. I'll see what I can do tonight to discuss getting a sort of synopsis of the world, however I make no promises. As for "Capital" cities....well, never really considered these factions to be countries. Merely City-States like ancient Greece. We are working on adding more flavor to the world but as of late we've been focused on the system and getting it polished and balanced. We will keep you updated.

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Here's our current world map that one of the devs put together a few years back. Please note that some of this may change and we will eventually replace this map with a better one.

Tex said
Yes, the information is out there. In fact, we have quite a bit of information but we don't want to put too much of it out there because it's not integral to playtesting the systems. I'll see what I can do tonight to discuss getting a sort of synopsis of the world, however I make no promises. As for "Capital" cities....well, never really considered these factions to be countries. Merely City-States like ancient Greece. We are working on adding more flavor to the world but as of late we've been focused on the system and getting it polished and balanced. We will keep you updated.
I appreciate it. аI threw "capital" out there because I imagined that there would be central hubs of activity with outlying rural towns in less settled areas. аI'm planning on running at least one game (maybe two, one for the IRL friends and one here) to play around more with the long term mechanics like insanity, and to take a look at character progression. аHaving this information will make it a lot easier for me to get a campaign up and running (and then be able to provide feedback :p)

NKdotzip said
Here's our current world map that one of the devs put together a few years back. Please note that some of this may change and we will eventually replace this map with a better one.
This is basically what I was looking for, maybe with like a sentence or two describing the towns (simple, like "Hel is the vampire homeland, and it's underground.").

Thanks a lot for the quick and helpful replies :)

Top Bottom