Last Breath

ingluvies

Shattered Core Backer
hello

I have seen that there is a interest in my arcane western, I currently have 6 potential players as of now and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to play as I am fine with running multiple campaigns within the same world.

And if you want I can post the synopsis of the campaign complete with the key NPCs, Areas and ideas so that you can run the campaign yourself(ill keep it open ended as possible to allow freedom for the dm to mod as they will)

My brother and I are LFG (check your PM inbox for more on that). If you would be willing to post background you're using and encounters (the stats mainly) I'd like to have a look just to see how you're approaching things.а

ingluvies

Shattered Core Backer
Last Breath

The story takes place in the Deadlands, an outlining region of the expansive Ashland, it is a nearly lawless frontier controlled by "City" owned mayors and peacekeepers.
the Deadlands are spotted with large subterranean caverns which house a substance known as Arcrystals, these Arcrystals are the phantasmal energies of the arcane concentrated into a tactile form resembling gemstones, they are a somewhat beneficial side effect of "The Reckoning" and power the technological marvels of the current age.
these caverns are owned by various cities and supply them with this valuable resource, as expected the trade routes are rife with bandits and various ne'er-do-wells. and a man (or woman) can find their fortune in accepting "contracts" from these various cities from their respective peacekeeping offices within the mining towns that surround each cavern.
Our particular story starts within a very large town(in comparison) that functions as the central shipping post for the export of the mined Arcrystals named "Last Breath" named after a sarcastic phrase frequently spoken by its residents "this town is your last breath of fresh air in this godforsaken desert." our players are searching for their fortunes..whether they're would-be miners, novice bounty hunters, bandits, they might even be rookie peacekeepers fresh out of academy..and rumors have spread of viscous gangs of bandits and mysterious disappearances and even in this sand choked hell, the scent of money and adventure is as intoxicating as it has ever been.

This sounds intriguing and ambitious. Are you coming up with the whole setting or is there background you're going off of? (I've tried to find out about the overall setting but haven't been able to find more than the blurbs). If you're doing this on the fly, well done sir.

ingluvies

Shattered Core Backer
I would be lying if I said that it was all my original idea, I draw inspiration from my friends as well as books, movies, and games as well as my own ideas to make this campaign

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
It would be interesting to see this Savage Worlds setting run in Shattered, since the rules for magic and such are so different :eek:

ingluvies

Shattered Core Backer
Ah, I'm keeping with the lore of shattered to the best of my ability so magic does indeed exist in my campaign, in fact two of my players are going to be magic users.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind me telling you but one of my players is going to be a arcane gunslinger using magic to create runic "portals" to fire bullets through letting the magic change the bullet with a myriad of effects.

though magic does exist, it isnt something hyper wide spread and frequently used..you must remember my setting the players are, for all intents and purposes, in the middle of nowhere so there arnt any arcane colleges or any way for people to be taught en mass, yeah a few people here and there might be powerful magus most will be petty dabblers or otherwise self taughtа

Top Bottom