• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kickstarter Question

karlstein

Shattered Core Backer
I pledged at the Neuromancer level but was hoping to get some information on the main cities of Shattered so I can start thinking of NPC's concepts. Will more race and city information be available soonish?

As you can tell I am really excited about this game. аThis looks like my kind of steampunk!

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Karl,

First of all, thanks for your support! We've had a few people ask questions about the world, so we're going to try to tackle all of them in our next update. I'll make sure to give a brief overview of all of the major cities and a few other tidbits of useful info!а

-zip

karlstein

Shattered Core Backer
Thanks Zip,

I got to read the fluff information this weekend and really like the look and feel of the world.а I am looking forward to writing something.а I have been wanting to do this for a game for a while and Shattered is exactly the kind of game I am interested in.

а- Karl

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Karlstein said
Thanks Zip,

I got to read the fluff information this weekend and really like the look and feel of the world.а I am looking forward to writing something.а I have been wanting to do this for a game for a while and Shattered is exactly the kind of game I am interested in.

а- Karl
Welcome aboard, and thanks for pledging to the Neuromancer tier! We had no idea just how much people would fall in love with this world, but let me tell you we are just that much more excited to bring this game to the people.

а

On the topic of creating your own NPC: obviously the choice is yours, and we welcome you to pursue whatever you want, but I wanted to put some ideas out there, just to tease your brain a little and maybe give you some concept of just how complex the world is.

а

Perhaps a street urchin that grew up in the Crush, and transformed themselves into a renowned, philanthropic airship captain who spends most of his money pulling the poor out of the outer slums and into the safety of Pulse proper; maybe you'd prefer a more rough and rugged type, like a Wretched gladiator who started his clan life on the bottom rung, fighting just to survive, and now leads a powerful clan of the mutant race and is feared among even his own warrior-like, nomadic race; they could be an Alypse roaming the realm, trying to make amends by doing any and every kindness to all those they meet in atonement for the sins of their ancestors; my personal favorite, though, has been playing a brash, ruthless, narcissistic Vampire brawler who will stop at nothing to attain his singularly goal: become strong enough to earn the title of Vampire Lord.

These were just a couple thoughts that flitted through my head. I hope they might help spur some thought, and I look forward to working with you to bring your concept into the world of Feneryss.

а

Bear, I cannot express how encouraging your enthusiasm is. It really pushes me-- and I'm sure the others-- to work as hard as we can to make this game perfect.

karlstein

Shattered Core Backer
Konrad,

Glad to be a part of it.а This may not be a question that you can answer at the moment, but what is the word count you are looking at for NPC write ups.а I can get pretty in depth when it comes to background, but that may not be exactly what you are looking for.а Humans, Wretched and Shades are currently the most interesting to me, though that may change.а

Are Wretched limited to the deserts or could a group of gilled Wretched be pirates of the water ways?а Could be dune sea pirates too I suppose...

I wish I had the disposable income to go to the hidden race pledge level.а That would have been a blast to write.аI have an ideaаfor an aquatic (or amphibian)аrace that lives under the waters and navigatesаwater filledаcaverns andаunderground rivers to go unnoticed by the surface dwellers until they wish to reveal themselves.

а

Karlstein

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
We don't really have a word count limit at the moment. Although if you start writing a book we may want to look into publishing options.

The Wretched, and the other races for that matter, can be found all over the world, so feel free to go with just about any idea you have. We'll work with youаif something something needs to be adjusted to fit better in the world, so no worries.а

Don't be too down about it. The Missing Link pledge level was to get a playable race officially put into the game. That doesn't mean that you couldn't write up your own ideas as home brew, which is something we'd love to see happen.а

-zip

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Homebrew is something that we want to focus on post-release. It is why I am pushing and hoping for the $25k goal. The website upgrade would allow us to add in so many new functions as well as get off of wordpress. The MAJOR function would be a content submission system where players could see what gets written up for homebrew and vote on it and rate it, etc. The staff would periodically pick the best of the best and incorporate it (or a version of) into the world as an official, free release.

Tex said
...The MAJOR function would be a content submission system where players could see what gets written up for homebrew and vote on it and rate it, etc. The staff would periodically pick the best of the best and incorporate it (or a version of) into the world as an official, free release.
I love this idea. It's awesome to see devs that want players to add to their world and make it an official part it. This game can't come out fast enough.