Howdy Folks!

koeran

Shattered Core Backer
Howdy,

My name is Eric. аIf you're struggling with how to pronounce my username, think 'Conan the Barbarian', but 'Grandma' instead of 'running'.

I'm an Art Connoisseur level backer.

Unsurprisingly I was attracted to the game primarily for the Art. аBut also because of the freshness of the setting. аWhile clearly taking inspiration from multiple sources Shattered still has it's own feel. аAnd the modular/classless nature of the rules will make for some very epic characters.

I'm also very pleased to see that the developers are keen to ensure the game is balanced. аI see so many companies ignoring game balance, which I feel puts undue pressure on GMs who already have enough responsibility as it is.

I've been playing tabletop RPGs for about 15 years now. аI started with D&D 3.0, transitioned to 3.5. аAnd from there I've played a bunch of systems/settings. аWith a very strong foray into Cortex games, particularly Serenity and Battlestar Galactica some years ago. аI've dabbled with Whitewolf, and Fate. аI've also played in some more lengthy games with Warhammer, Robotech and several other systems.

I've also been fortunate enough to be involved in official playtests, one for Black Libraries, with Inquisitor (which was later taken over by Fantasy Flight Games), as well as oneаforаGreen Ronin with Dragon Age.

I've managed to convince my current gaming group to take a break from our Shadows of Esteren game so we can join in the Shattered Playtest (We were between modules anyway). а2 of us have about 15 years of gaming experience each, and experience with playtests previously. а1 of us is a veteran gamer (not sure how long they've been playing). аAnd the remaining 2 are very new to the hobby (with Esteren being their first ever game). аSo between the 5 of us we should be able to provide a broad spectrum of feedback.

I look forward to exploringаFeneryss.

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Welcome aboard! Gotta say I'm pumped to hear what your group has to say. I find the mixture of lengthy experience and fresh eyes really makes for the best group when it comes to playtesting.

If you have any questions, let us know in the forums, and don't forget to pick up the Official Playtest in the Kickstarter Backer Forum, which we aim to update weekly.

koeran

Shattered Core Backer
It'll probably be a while before we can actually do the playtest, as we only meet fortnightly. аI'll try to get some notes from my read through to you guys shortly.

Top Bottom