• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hi guys! Let's talk art.

Hello everyone,

This is Derek. I have been workingаon weapons, portraits, and graphic design on Shattered. I've recently stepped into the role of art director, so feel free to post any questions, thoughts, or comments on anything art-related, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Lately I've been working on designs for the dice. It's been a very involved process so far, and I hope you guys like what we come up with. I know Josh has posted a few early pics already, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

I can say that we are thinking about doing a theme for each die. So, for instance, the d4 has aаPrimalаArkфna theme, with each side bearing a symbol and corresponding runic inscription about each element. And yes, the inscription actually means something. My hope is that we can put plenty of detail and easter eggs throughout the design of the game, for those serious enough to unravel the mysteries inherent in the world of Shattered.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
I do believe you and I will be talking a lot more.

Aesthetics are my first hook into anything. When I saw the designs for the races, I knew I would be sold. The idea of some post-industrialist nightmare of molten oceans and toxic storms sweeping a world of mutants, machines and flesh is a beautiful framework to set a game in. I have visions of vast industrial complexes; barren and deserted after the ravages of a chemical disaster, that left the city of iron populated with twisted remnants of the former workers.

Tall towers that crackle with arcane energy as a mad, ancient Drone attempts to unlock the secrets of Arkana and reawaken his former titanic master.

Tall, black monoliths, populated with the remnants of the old - thought extinct - Marshals of Time, trapped in their horrific forms, somewhere between the past and the future and always flickering between.

Oh yes. I have a lot of vision for this game. I am very anxious to see how you bring it to life.

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
BEAR said

Tall, black monoliths, populated with the remnants of the old - thought extinct - Marshals of Time, trapped in their horrific forms, somewhere between the past and the future and always flickering between.
Time marshals... I think you just gave me an idea I'm quite fond of. >:3

Also, nice to meet you Derek, I'm a huge fan of your art style