Hard to find information, Double up information and opinions.

toxic4mosh

Shattered Core Backer
Hey guys. so im just diving into the current playtest book and i have been stumped trying to find information... and leaves me with assuming things and other information i have just does not make sense to me as a player. (im normally the GM but i have to crack all the variables for my players so they don't give me hard questions mid session)

So starting with Prosthetic's What are Hardpoints? my first assumption was like the health for the prosthetic limb but then we have the health buffer?
"When characters with prosthetic limbs take damage, their prosthetics
begin to degrade; hindering the character’s actions. At base grade, the
player suffers 1 point of fatigue for every 10 points of damage they
take below their maximum HP; this is called a Health Buffer"
So my next conclusion was that the reference here to HP was the Hardpoints? but i thought it was talking about the players starting health, maybe im used to other systems. I feel this part needs to be better explained in the book as you cant Ctrl+F and search Hardpoint in a physical book. and when i did that it took me to a different section from prosthetics, i landed in air ships and seeing they also had Hardpoints?
half way down into the section of airships i come across this paragraph (thank you Ctrl+f)
"The following Ancillary components are listed in alphabetical order.
Beside their name is a list of construction requirements. They are: Forge
Hours (FH), Hardpoints (HP), and Mass (M)."
so is HP hardpoints the same for prosthetics? If so this really does need to be stated earlier in the book to save confusion. Then i noticed a double up on the prosthetics on page 119 and 131 where they list very similar information, but this could be cleaner to have all prosthetic information in the same place.

So my next opinion comes with the crafting section for the weapons its nothing big like my last post just something i found confusing. The Inaccurate weapon attribute in the crafting section has no positives or no other skills that require it. Why would a player crafting a weapon (except for theme) pay 60 Notes and increase the UC by 3 to "imposing a -2 penalty to your attack roll. If the weapon also has the Scatter attribute, it deals half of the damage that it normally would." i feel that it should be -60 Notes and -3 to the UC as it would give the weapon a "rushed in construction" feeling or "taking shortcuts" when creating the weapon.

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Inaccurate: Page 127 has the OLD description. The correction didn't make it to that box. You can find the correct one on page 117.

INACCURATE
Imperfections in the construction of this weapon reduce its accuracy, imposing a -2 penalty to your attack roll. When paired with Scatter, Inaccurate cuts the damage in half, but allows attacks made with this weapon to strike two adjacent squares directly in front of you. If a target exists in both squares, they may only take damage once.
Good catch.

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
So starting with Prosthetic's What are Hardpoints? my first assumption was like the health for the prosthetic limb but then we have the health buffer?
"When characters with prosthetic limbs take damage, their prosthetics
begin to degrade; hindering the character’s actions. At base grade, the
player suffers 1 point of fatigue for every 10 points of damage they
take below their maximum HP; this is called a Health Buffer"
So my next conclusion was that the reference here to HP was the Hardpoints? but i thought it was talking about the players starting health, maybe im used to other systems. I feel this part needs to be better explained in the book as you cant Ctrl+F and search Hardpoint in a physical book. and when i did that it took me to a different section from prosthetics, i landed in air ships and seeing they also had Hardpoints?
half way down into the section of airships i come across this paragraph (thank you Ctrl+f)
"The following Ancillary components are listed in alphabetical order.
Beside their name is a list of construction requirements. They are: Forge
Hours (FH), Hardpoints (HP), and Mass (M)."
so is HP hardpoints the same for prosthetics? If so this really does need to be stated earlier in the book to save confusion. Then i noticed a double up on the prosthetics on page 119 and 131 where they list very similar information, but this could be cleaner to have all prosthetic information in the same place.
Good catch. Looking over it, I can see what we intended but it definitely needs to be clearer or perhaps even simplified. That said, your assumption about prosthetics being tied to player health was correct. In the example, every 10 points of health the player loses inflicts 1 point of fatigue. This fatigue remains until the limb can be repaired.

Now in regard to Hardpoints, there was a bit of oversight there on our part, using hardpoints in both airships and prosthetics. They are two completely separate things and the fact that you ran into this was certainly not intentional.

Finally, the two instances of Prosthetic rules you find are included in two locations, and that is completely intentional. The first is for the edification of the player that simply wants to buy a prebuilt prosthetic outright without delving into crafting, the second is for the crafter. We wanted to include it in both places to avoid the page flipping that would ensue if we had included them in only one of these locations.

toxic4mosh

Shattered Core Backer
Thanks guys for getting back to me. I have loved this system from the start and have even printed a few editions and got them bound so my friends could play out of a book haha so just trying to do my part.

That clears up the inaccurate for me. maybe i should have taken a look at that.

Top Bottom