Goods and services...

toxic4mosh

Shattered Core Backer
So i GM a shattered session with 6 people every Tuesday night... so i always get slammed with questions that i cant find answers too in the book. Today, players went to buy goods and services but thought that the list was missing some things.

Firstly, we couldn't find the price for ammunition for any ranged weapon. Im sure that its probably up to GM's discretion as is everything in goods and services but i would like to see a price for things, Bolts, arrows, heavy/light ammunition.

Next are parts (both alchemical and mechanical) which can be scavenged but if you went to buy scrap parts or things like that is there a generic note cost. for players that are not good at scavenging but like to pay to have the hard work done for them.

Then we wanted to buy some basic gear that was hard to come by, like sand goggles...
I think the goods and services needs to have more items in it, or that is what i would like to see...

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Ammo: We never intended for people to actually pay for ammo in the conventional sense. We made it lumped in with the typical restocking expenses that are automatically taken into account with the players' session notes.

TL;DR: ammo doesn't exist in the sense of purchasing, you have unlimited. We as devs hated keeping track of every single piece of ammo. That being said, you're more than welcome to make prices up yourself.

Parts: that is correct and how it was intended. That isn't to say that the GM can just be like "well, there's a shortage today so there's none for you to buy". Scavenging just gives them to you for "Free" and you don't have to visit a city to get them.

Other Gear: I don't know how much room we have in that section, but if you have any basic gear that you would like to see in Shattered, feel free to let us know and we'll consider implementing them.

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
We've added costs for generic clothing pieces.

We have decided that we'll have a sidebar about ammo prices for those so inclined to count their ammo.

In this age of exploration and industry, ammunition of all kinds is abundant. Seldom do adventurers leave home without an adequate supply. As such they are not generally expected to purchase ammunition. Should a GM wish to charge for ammunition, 100 rounds or bolts may be purchased for 10 Nts. Flares may be purchased for 1 Note a piece while 1 cannister of liquid ammunition may be acquired for 10 Nts.

Last edited:

toxic4mosh

Shattered Core Backer
Thanks Tex, i know its a lot of work but i guess i have a lot of players who are more political and rather pay and earn money "above the law" so they like to just buy what they need rather than just scavenging wreckage's.

although im the cruel Gm that checks people for food, water and even sleep haha

Top Bottom