• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Favorite RPGs?

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Hey guys,

а

Wondering what some of your favorite RPG's are.

а

Mine are:

-Iron Kingdoms

-Dresden Files

-Eclipse Phase

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Eclipse Phase

D&D 3.0/3.5 & PathFinder

Serenity (Firefly) RPG (1st Ed, I haven't played the reboot)

WH40K Black Crusade

My favorite is Golden sun, but as I said in my presentation, i like MMORPG too.

I like a French game too (don't know if it can considered as a RPG.), it's Horde. You have to survive in a post-apocalyptic world as long as possible with 30 random guys.

I'm not a big fan of papers RPG, but it's funny to play with friends to Dungeon and Dragon

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Dungeons and Dragons is always fun to play with friends. As are many others. Shattered isn't a PC game or an mmo or anything but I hope that we have something that piques your interest.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
DnD 5e, Shadowrun, Legend of the 5 Rings and Iron Kingdoms all hold a special place in my widdle heart.

I am also a huge fan of the Wraith: The Oblivion series though, and backed their 20th Anniversary release as well as this RPG.

Good to see another Iron Kingdoms fan here!

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
I love Iron Kingdoms. Not going to lie, if there was a single game that I wish I could be a part of, it would be that one.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
I just finished running an Iron Kingdoms game in my own world. It was a whole lot of fun.

Warcaster OP plz nerf.

I know this might blow the minds of certain people, but one of my first RPG's was RIFTS. A fantastic and smooth game known for it's elegant playing, small number of races and expansion books and not about killing you horribly.

Afterwards, I picked up D&D 3.0 then 3.5 then 2nd edition and Hackmaster and I love all of them. 3.5 has a special place in my heart for being just how cheesy it is by itself.

I love Vampire the Masquerade with my Tzimisce (probably spelled it wrong) and Cthulhutech for it's ridiculous living mechs and the ability to pilot them.

Final Fantasy has a special place in my heart thanks to Liths awesome game. The pew pews were mighty in that one!

Heroes Unlimited, Hero System (Champions and all of that), Mutants and Masterminds were all fantastic as I am I huge fan of superhero games.

Iron Kingdoms was fun but I always felt the rules to control the mechs were a bit complicated, so much so that it drove people away from playing the class that was all about it (been a long time so I forgot).

Paranoia, Shadowrun and SLA are great fun and each are worthy of mentioning and have a high place in my eyes.

Tales from the Floating is a favorite of mine. I actually have all of the original books!

Star Wars Saga is good. Just don't play it where multiple GM's steer their groups into each other and otherwise try to wipe them out all in one sweep!

As a last note, I absolutely love this game, love creating monsters for it and can definitely see it growing out of it's infancy into a game that's played all over the world!

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Ed-Zero said
... and Cthulhutech for it's ridiculous living mechs and the ability to pilot them.
I know CthulhuTech well!

I was over on their forums a lot. I actually won the contest to design the D-Engine and how it works. Apparently it is going to be published in the 2.0 version of their Aeon War book. I also made a bunch of Homebrew Tagers and the like, because Eldritch Society = best society.

elcookie

Shattered Core Backer
Mine is "Savage worlds: Hellfrost", haven't really played that much other pnp's but I looking forward to Shattered

fenrir1997

Shattered Core Backer
Played DnD 3.5 for a long while, then Pathfinder really started rockin' and rolling, so I swapped over (I personally thought 4th edi. was a flop).

Buddy intends on introducing me to Vampire: Masquerade, and I just picked up RA Salvatores Demonwars: Reformation.

а

I'm trying to find a system that's not so much class based, and when I ventured onto Kickstarter this morning, much to my surprise, I found Shattered.

а

Otherwise, I like long walks on the beach, daisies, and the sound of crunching bones mixed with squishing brains during my morning tea...

Played DND 5e since beta and have been DMing it since. Its probably my favorite system atm.

CoC has a special place in my heart as it was the first game I ever ran. Shout out to the Haunted House scenario.

Others that I enjoy include: Shadowrun, Eclipse Phase, Dungeon World, Savage Worlds, and Starwars D6.

That being said, I think that Shattered will quickly overtake many of the others for priority.

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
I have to give a shout out to Star Wars: Saga Edition for getting me into tabletop gaming. That said, I have loved Mutants & Masterminds for its flexibility and ease of use. Off the table, I've enjoyed the Final Fantasy series up until XII, turn-based games such as Final Fantasy Tactics (I'm head over heels for that game).

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
I love Exalted for a tight, balanced system.

Legend of the Five Rings is great as well, simply because you could have fun just reading the lore for hours.

Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 is what got me into tabletop games though :3

Im a backer and my favorite games are comedy based like mine. Its called B&B and its a parody od the D&D world. Its on Kickstarter now: http://bit.ly/BnBRPG. Looking forward to this game too!