Errors found in the playtest book (help the Shattered team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelkein

Shattered Core Backer
Hi,

this post is mostly to send you information about errors or bugs we could find in the playtest book.

I'm starting with:

The skill unstoppable is in the general feats section and melee section. The two are not the same.

The one in the melee section should be renamed "Die Hard"
Or "Hard to Kill" something like that!

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
This is the thread we needed, but didn't think to start ourselves. Thank you for that, and we'll get to fixing that little issue.

I think I found one, or I keep skipping over it. Regarding Action Points (AP), for casting Arkana is reads "You cast a spell according to the rules found in the Arkфna Talent". Iаdidn't see anything mentionioningаhow many APаare required to cast Arkana. If I missed it or didn't understand, my bad.

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Marcus said
I think I found one, or I keep skipping over it. Regarding Action Points (AP), for casting Arkana is reads "You cast a spell according to the rules found in the Arkфna Talent". Iаdidn't see anything mentionioningаhow many APаare required to cast Arkana. If I missed it or didn't understand, my bad.
zelkein said
Marcus,
Saw that too, but just figured it would be 1 sp for 1 ap. But yeah still it isn't clear!
We apologize for the oversight. The answer is currently 2 AP per spell, although we're currently looking at balance so this may change.

zelkein

Shattered Core Backer
Hey Konrad,

In my other post I'm talking about a newly created caster that couldn't make real damage at an ennemy... Of course that was considering 1ap per sp spent... That doesn't really change in my case because I was using a lvl 2 primal spellcaster so 2sp meant 2ap for me.

But it still is an important thing to know that a spell is 2ap whatever the power of the spell. (If I understand right?)

I think 1ap for each sp spent is a good way to balance spellcasting. Because if I get 1 more ap from an item, I could make 3x 5d6 spell in one round? Jesus that hurts!

This isn't really a issue with the play test but the character sheet (for me anyway). For the martial arts talents, I would like to see something like the Conviction table on the character sheet or use that space for both purposes. Something like:

Conviction/Martial Arts

Element/Style:

Sign/Impact:

The sheet the way it is works because you can only follow one element for conviction while martial artists can put rank into other styles therefore requiring more room, which is limited on your sheet, but I think it could work. At least in the beginning of a game it would work.

Also. Typo on pg 9 of the play test "For example, characters who increase their Toughness from Rank 2 to Rank 4 will spend 32xp (11xp
+ 20xp)." I think Rank 3 for the stats should be a 12 instead of an 11.

Foundаsomeаerrors. There are a few issues with the traits Arc isn't associated with any weapon, Crippling indicates a crit table?, andаdeploy doesn't have aаdescribed trait.аThe revolver in the item box doesn't have the Semi-Auto ability listed and the semi auto description says that the revolver does 1d6 not 2d6+2 like the ranged weapons list describes.

Also, for the Semit-Auto and Full-Auto traits, does the trait consume ammo based on the multiplier? Meaningа2*damage for semi and 3*damage for full meaning 2 and 3 roundsаrespectively.

miralexan

Shattered Core Backer
Page 24, under the Vampires' Feed trait:

"In order to counter this, they may feed...and gain immunity to the effects of UV Radiation (negates UV Sensitive Trait)...for the next hour."

Is this 1 hr/mouthful like the rest of the Feed bonuses?

"The victim of the Vampire gains 1 fatigue point and +1 to Acrobatics, Athletics, and Survival per mouthful of blood drunk by the Vampire for 1 hour."

I assume the victimаshould be gettingа-1 to Acrobatics, Athletics, and Survival?

Also, feeding on an unwilling victim requires (and occurs automatically with) a successful grapple action, but it's not clear how many "mouthfuls" a vampire can extract per action.

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
miralexan: nope, it's supposed to be a +1. As a vampire, you're essentially putting a bit of yourself into them if they're willing. That should probably be explained more.

а

You're correct, we should probably specify. I think we did "real world" math for that. I'll add them both to our list. Thanks!

I found a very small one... after the Stat Point cost table, it says that ''For example, characters who increase their Toughness from Rank 2 to Rank 4 will spend 32xp (11xp+ 20xp).''а Would that not be 31xp?

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
captainscallywag said
I found a very small one... after the Stat Point cost table, it says that ''For example, characters who increase their Toughness from Rank 2 to Rank 4 will spend 32xp (11xp+ 20xp).''а Would that not be 31xp?
I...wow. We can maths gud. It's been updated in our internal docs. Thanks!

zernbrog

Shattered Core Backer
In the drone traits there are 2 traits that are explained as the same thing. аDrone Mentality is explained exactly what Armed and Operational is.

zernbrog

Shattered Core Backer
Found another one. аIn the mutations section, level 3 mutations, where it says Flammable upgrade. аIt is the same explanation as the Double Jointed upgrade.

Harradrush

Shattered Core Backer
First, some obvious mistakes.

а

Stats can be reduced below 2 according to character creation section, but you removed this option as I know.

Can't find xp cost table for non-combat skills.

There are no bookmarks for Combat & Skill Checks, Condition & Diseases, Fear & Insanity and Environmental Factors chapters. And all these chapters are marked as "combat & skill checks" at the bottom.

p. 33 There are two Distracted conditions, second one should be probably "Dying".

p. 45 Human's racial talent Unity has same description as Low Light Vision

p. 59 Sustained Howl has two entries. Should 3rd rank have another name?

а

Next, things I think need clarification or some changes.

а

p. 20 Lore skill tests: can it be reattempted after skill was increased?

p. 26 Fear Check at the start of combat: are usual consequences for failing test applied? Like "Gasp!" reaction and so on.

Can Power Attack (sacrifice attack rating to gain more damage) be used with ranged weapon? Can it be used with surprise attack (because it shouldn't since it deals incredible amount of damage with no penalty)? In general, can any offensive actions be combined with surprise attack?

Need more clarification for Wretched's "Adapted" trait: what exactly they can ignore and what they can't. I guess things like firestorm and lava still hurts them, but do they get fatigue?

Personally, I can't see any use for Alypse's Contagious Curse. You already can transfer insanity with Kiss of Ragnarok, and to make use of opponent's Tireless Retribution you need somehow give them tons of fatigue (and I believe it would be more useful if they just fall unconscious instead of become insane).
It can be useful to save your friends from fatigue, though.

Alypse's Fire Serpent talent: How long serpents live? Do they stay alive after Alypse possess new body?

Shade's Dead Zone talent: what the point of rerolling checks? Should they take worst result?

Cancerous Tumor: can it be removed via explosion using Wretched's Unstable Decay?

Skin Chutes: why not just say "reduce falling height by 1/3"?

Rampant Growth: example tells about damage, but description itself doesn't have any information about it.

Bioreactor: can you turn off light at will? Or you need to cover it with thick clothes?

Chest Burster: need info healing effect.

Inhuman: doesn't worth it if bought for full price. Even if chosen randomly, it only make sense if you have stat at rank 8 at least since only 9th and 10th ranks cost more than 400xp.

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
We have an updated playtest with a few of these fixes available. I'll send you a link so you can grab the most up to date version.

mythicaffinity

Shattered Core Backer
Here are some of the most recent errors I, and my players, found.

а

Pg 74: аThe description under "Hulk" is identical to "Gunner"; Stats look okay, just description.

Pg 124: аPoison Injector; "This grants the weapon the poison of choice, only one poison can be applied per injector." аThere are no lists of available poisons, or how to adjust for poison.

Also requested is a Table of Contents and/or an index. аThis is just for speed of looking specific abilities up during a session. аI find too much time is used looking up specific requirements for players.

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Thanks for the finds! Poisons were not ready for this release and will be released in the future.

If you're reading from the PDF it is bookmarked, which should get you to to most of the top and mid level areas.

а

Thanks

-zip

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Harradrush, we've gone through your list and made the corrected changes, we will have the updated PDF available in a few hours once we're done with a few more edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom