Download the Shattered Playtest HERE!

Konrad

Wordsmith
Staff member
INDE Staff
Shattered GM
Marcus said
When players learn new talents or skills (after initial creation) is it automatic, or did you intend for the players to go to specific trainers to learn them. I am personally a fan of having players going to a master to learn new abilities or even from fellowаplayers that have the abilities already. I guess its a personal choice for the GM and how they want to run it, just wondering what you planned for it.
This is entirely up to the GM's discretion. In our playtests, for the sake of brevity, we've always done without such things. But for fluff and plot purposes it is easy to make the argument that someone must find a teacher to learn the Dragon Fist of Martial Arts or superior curses. It could also be argued that one's skill naturally increases through use (i.e. experience) and develop talents innately. We encourage whatever style of play suits your game.

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
аI would agree with Konrad. A recording would be awesome not only from a PR point of view, but also so that we, the devs, can review how people played Shattered, what they did, and their praises and complains.

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
I'm gonna read this and try to test it out with a few friends, and I'll write down what all happens with it. Anywhere in particular I should put that transcription?

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
fnar777 said
I'm gonna read this and try to test it out with a few friends, and I'll write down what all happens with it. Anywhere in particular I should put that transcription?
I would advise making your own thread in the playtest forum here. We keep track of the feed back and discuss it during our meetings. The feedback from other testers has already helped us fix some unintentional ambiguity and other things.

fnar777

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Tex said
fnar777 said
I would advise making your own thread in the playtest forum here. We keep track of the feed back and discuss it during our meetings. The feedback from other testers has already helped us fix some unintentional ambiguity and other things.
Well no one could possibly fore-see every little mistake in something with so much potential, which is why I wanna help all I can

I'll do the best I can to help spot any cracks.

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Updated link for the Fillable PDF. It has the correct Resolve text. Still no auto-calc fields. (Sorry)

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Character Sheet has been updated again. Special thanks to BEAR for fixing the PDF and adding autocalc fields because I was terrible at it!

I was going to add this to the errors forums page, but I think it fits better here since its just an idea rather than an error.

Regarding the auto healing of the party after combat. I think that due to the grittiness and inherent danger of the world that it is a bit overpowered, especially since with now ranks in medicine there is no healing. I was thinking of it being a bit harder to go from battle to battle as one would in a dungeon crawl. For instance (points in medicine still required), after combat if you took 12pts of damage you can only be healed half of the damage taken (rounded up), so 6 in this instance. Or you can only be healed half of your max health after combat. Healing magic and a full 8 hours of rest could get you back to full health.

I think this would add a greater level of fear and caution for the players to deal with, making them think twice before they run headlong into danger after just having killed off a raiding party.

Let me know what you guys think from a player and GM perspective.

EDIT: Or secret option #3, do both. If they aren't fatigued then they can heal half their max hp after combat. If they are fatigued then only heal half of the damage taken.

dreamerofdays

Shattered Core Backer
Baconavenger said
... [sic] after combat if you took 12pts of damage you can only be healed half of the damage taken (rounded up), so 6 in this instance. Or you can only be healed half of your max health after combat. Healing magic and a full 8 hours of rest could get you back to full health.
In the context of total damage, yes. I'd like to test that. But I'm strongly against healing the last damage you've taken, and only the last damage.

NKdotzip

The Occasional Wizard
Staff member
INDE Staff
Baconavenger said
I was going to add this to the errors forums page, but I think it fits better here since its just an idea rather than an error.

Regarding the auto healing of the party after combat. I think that due to the grittiness and inherent danger of the world that it is a bit overpowered, especially since with now ranks in medicine there is no healing. I was thinking of it being a bit harder to go from battle to battle as one would in a dungeon crawl. For instance (points in medicine still required), after combat if you took 12pts of damage you can only be healed half of the damage taken (rounded up), so 6 in this instance. Or you can only be healed half of your max health after combat. Healing magic and a full 8 hours of rest could get you back to full health.

I think this would add a greater level of fear and caution for the players to deal with, making them think twice before they run headlong into danger after just having killed off a raiding party.

Let me know what you guys think from a player and GM perspective.
а

I'm certainly not opposed to it. I'll bring it up at our meeting tomorrow and I'll keep you posted.

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Hey folks, there's a new update to the playtest with a bunch of fixes. You'll want to redownload it!

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
We're hoping for another Playtest update soonTM. While we would like for it to be today (night USTZ), we can't make any concrete promises on that. Just know that there will be an update in the coming days to address racial trait balancing and more little fixes. The rework of Conviction will *not* be in this update. Konrad and I are still deep in the trenches on that.

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Ok folks! The new version is live! Come and get it. Changelog in the first post. And I lied in the last post. The Conviction rework (sans Miracles rework) is included! Enjoy!

fenrirwolflord

Shattered Core Backer
Awesome i can't wait to read this again and read what the new changes do for the system and such. Thank you guys so much for updating your playtest a lot of people i image would not do so or at least not so soon.а

NKdotzip

The Occasional Wizard
Staff member
INDE Staff
You guys are soаawesome. You're essentially our Quality Assurance department. If we drag our feet in getting updates to you guys, then everyone pays for it. :)

Thanks again!

-zip

Top Bottom