• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Download the Shattered Playtest HERE!

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Thanks for signing up! We hope that you enjoy your taste of Shattered.а

If you have any questions just post here in the Playtest board and we will do our best to answer them.

аAlpha Playtest (AP)
DOWNLOAD SHATTERED ALPHA PLAYTESTа (Updated May 21, 2015)

а

Character Sheet
DOWNLOAD WRITABLE SHATTERED CHARACTER SHEETа(Work in Progress)

EXCEL BASED CHARACTER SHEET ON GOOGLE DOCSаbyаbloberis

а

Playtest Updates
May 21, 2015 (V 0.20)
Conviction

• Retooling and rebalancing of Conviction.
Races

• ALL RACES had their Racial traits reworked
Quick Patch
In order to allow Martial characters to keep pace in a continued game, we've gotten together a Crafting System allowing them to upgrade their weapons.

• Increased Damage Dice:аEach additional D6 costs the # of D6 squares * 75 Notes. (2d6 costs 75, 3d6 costs 300)
  • Increased Damage: Each additional point of damage (+1) costs the # of damage increase * 25 Notes (Xd6+ costs 25. +2 costs 100.)
Crafting an Item takes 1 hour of dedicated work per 25 Notes and requires an avaliable forge.

Stat Increase Example should say "For example, characters who increase their Toughness from Rank 2 to Rank 4 will spend 31xp (11xp + 20xp)." Previously it stated 32xp. Thanks to captainscallywag for the find!

Damage Reduction

When you take damage from an attack, trap or mistake of your own doing, you can in most circumstances negate some or all of the damage received with your armor. Your Armor value can be further modified if you have a shield and you choose to block the attack. Please keep in mind that there exist some forms of damage which may bypass your Armor.

а

April 24, 2015 (V 0.10)
PDF Changes
  • Added PDF Bookmarks and Page Links
Character Creation

• Mechaniks can be used for drone healing
а

Combat

• Reworked Focus into "Power Focus" and "Precision Focus"
  • Power Focus: sacrifice Attack Die Step for a Damage Die
  • Precision Focus: sacrifice Damage Die for Attack Die Step
  • Updated End of Combat Healing
  • Block updated
  • Parry added
  • Take cover removed
  • Damage Reduction (DR) updated
  • Draw and Holster weapon updated
  • Withdraw removed
  • Surrounded changed to Overwhelmed and updated
  • Shooting into close combat updated
  • Range Penalties updated
  • Secondary weapon removed
Talents

• Removed the Snap Talent.
  • Renamed General Talent УUnstoppableФ to УWrecking BallФ
  • Renamed Combat Talent "Parry" to "Riposte"
Arkфna

• Clarified that all spells dealing damage, the damage is considered Magical for purposes of determining resistances of Monsters.
  • Expanded definitions of Primalists, Necromancers and Illusionists.
  • Updated range to include that there is no Уcasting penaltyФ for casting while in melee.
  • Update to Overcasting including a permanent penalty for reaching Overcasting limit.
    • Added explanation to Primaltheurgy Conditions about when they take effect on targets.
  • Expanded upon Illuionist Projection system, giving rules outlining what constitutes Уexcessive forceФ.
  • Added an explanation to the Bolster Stitch description to address the question of penalty duration.
  • Added an explanation to Mutations for Stitches explaining when they can be performed.
  • Added an explanation to Constructs detailing they may only be done outside of combat.
  • Arkфna Focus added (works similarly to Precision Focus)
Conviction

• Added the Fire and Water elements to the list.
  • Changed УPhysical SignФ to УOmenФ
  • Changed УGiftsФ to УGracesФ
  • Named each ElementТs Graces
  • Changed УOpposition PowersФ to УAuraФ
  • Reworked all Omens, Scrying, Graces, and Auras (essentially EVERYTHING)
  • Water is no longer the Magikarp of Conviction
Insanity

• Eccentricity rework and rename
April 16, 2015 (V 0.05)
Now includes Necromancy/Stitches and bugfixes.

а

-zip

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
So I am going to read this back to front and get the system down.

If you guys still want me to run a campaign for you, you are going to have to come up with a way for me to do so

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Feel free man. The playtest includes some monsters that you can use to get started. If you find that you're missing anything, let me know.

-zip

elcookie

Shattered Core Backer
Bear if possiable I would like to join, really looking forward to the game, really wanna play it as soon as possiable

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
I'm going to try to get a writable PDF of our character sheet up so you guys don't need to print anything out.

-zip

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Unless I am completely missing it, I can't seem to find any rules surrounding Stitches or some of the other nuances of Necromancy. The Curses part is there, but the Stitch seems to be no where to be found.

Any rules regarding those?

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
I'll get it thrown into a PDF. We hadn't initially included in the alpha playtest. How silly of us.а

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
It's okay, I can wait a while before I piece together my undead, horrifying behemoth.

It's only a matter of timmmeeeee.....

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
BEAR said
It's okay, I can wait a while before I piece together my undead, horrifying behemoth.

It's only a matter of timmmeeeee.....
Take note, daring Necromancer, that an undead, horrifying behemoth comes at a cost...

That cost is either your body or your mind. You will sacrifice some of one, or perhaps even both. Be prepared!...

I can't wait for the full playtest. That said I like what I'm seeing. I did have a question though. When it reads +1 or -1 (or +- "x"number) I'm assuming that means Dice Code and not + or - to the total? I may have missed the explanation while I was reading through and I wanted some clarification.

Thanks

-MW

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Marcus said
I can't wait for the full playtest. That said I like what I'm seeing. I did have a question though. When it reads +1 or -1 (or +- "x"number) I'm assuming that means Dice Code and not + or - to the total? I may have missed the explanation while I was reading through and I wanted some clarification.

Thanks

-MW
+/-1 are flat bonuses/penalties to your rolls, unless it specifically states +/-1 to Die Code. So you would roll, and then add/subtract these numbers to/from your roll.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Well, I am ready to start piecing together an adventure for you lovely dev-types.

How do you guys want to do this?

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Marcus said
BEAR said
Well, I am ready to start piecing together an adventure for you lovely dev-types.

How do you guys want to do this?
If this happens, someone should record it and put it on the site.
This would be phenomenal. What exactly are you in need of, Bear? I'm sure we can provide you with just about anything you might need to put a little something together.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Some method of communication and a place to keep information collectively would be ideal, as well as the ability to record it if possible. Like Marcus suggested, perhaps some kind of podcast could be made out of the play-test to have people listen to it later? I don't know what you are comfortable with.

My initial thought was skype, recorded for prosperity, and some kind of irc / website / whatever to have the written piece for sharing images and links, etc.

This would also help me plan and prepare for the play-test I am planning on running at KublaCon in May.

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
BEAR said
Some method of communication and a place to keep information collectively would be ideal, as well as the ability to record it if possible. Like Marcus suggested, perhaps some kind of podcast could be made out of the play-test to have people listen to it later? I don't know what you are comfortable with.

My initial thought was skype, recorded for prosperity, and some kind of irc / website / whatever to have the written piece for sharing images and links, etc.

This would also help me plan and prepare for the play-test I am planning on running at KublaCon in May.
Recording will be entirely up to you, my friend. The playtest is out and available to the public, and so recording any games pertaining to it is perfectly acceptable. In fact, I personally would encourage it-- anything that will help us gain some more traction and publicity. Wait for someone else to weigh in as my word isn't the end-all, but I can't imagine it being a problem.

As for the written portion I would highly recommend a folder on Google Drive/Docs. It will allow you to keep your various documents (GM, campaign, logs, rolls, etc.) organized, and also allow you to control who sees what (i.e. hiding your GM documents). All in all a great option for just about anything that need be written.

When players learn new talents or skills (after initial creation) is it automatic, or did you intend for the players to go to specific trainers to learn them. I am personally a fan of having players going to a master to learn new abilities or even from fellowаplayers that have the abilities already. I guess its a personal choice for the GM and how they want to run it, just wondering what you planned for it.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Marcus said

I know roll20 is google+ hangouts friendly. Sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds, I just want this to happen.

BEAR, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
This sounds good to me. I think this may be a Skype + Google Docs event, though.

Konrad said

Recording will be entirely up to you, my friend. The playtest is out and available to the public, and so recording any games pertaining to it is perfectly acceptable. In fact, I personally would encourage it-- anything that will help us gain some more traction and publicity. Wait for someone else to weigh in as my word isn't the end-all, but I can't imagine it being a problem.

As for the written portion I would highly recommend a folder on Google Drive/Docs. It will allow you to keep your various documents (GM, campaign, logs, rolls, etc.) organized, and also allow you to control who sees what (i.e. hiding your GM documents). All in all a great option for just about anything that need be written.
All of this sounds great. I will do the recording then. I will probably ask the group to do a quick sound test before we do so, but after that, we should be able to record a session with a few encounters for you guys to use as part of the campaign or however you want to use it.