• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Development!

Pul

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
So we've been slacking quite a bit on keeping you guys fully up to date on our development progress,
Apologies, but here is what we've been working on for tonight.

We worked on Conviction, re-tooling / re-balancing the Elements and Miracles.
A good over-haul of races to give them more unique abilities and balance.

Finalizing the Love-crafter Tier reward emails. We're looking forward to starting work on bringing a new slew of monstrosities from your brains to the world of Shattered!

As a note, Neuromancers, don't feel forgotten!
Due to the fact we've got a backer-created race in the works, we're holding off on starting the creation of NPC's so as to give you the option to have a NPC of the new race.
With the monster's on our hands, we won't have downtime getting it all implemented and if we do, know we'll turn around and start accepting NPC's for those who would like to submit.

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Hey folks, Konrad here to check in with you all on our latest developments.

Tonight was a busy busy BUSY night. We finished a complete retooling and rebalancing of Conviction, retooled and rebalanced the Miracles, AND finalized our overhaul of Racial Traits. Let's get down to the nitty-gritty of what spurred this, and what our goals were going in.

Conviction

It was brought to our attention that while interesting, the many mechanics of Conviction- primarily Opposing Auras- were unbalanced. So the team sat down and we worked our way through the Elements in pairs-- Air and Earth, Fire and Water, etc. etc.-- to make sure that they were rewritten on an even scale. This led to standardizing Gifts, which are now earned at Conviction Ranks 2, 5, and 9 regardless of chosen element, as well as enormous changes to the actual Gifts themselves. Even Scrying was reworked to keep things similar without being too dull. We believe with these changes that opposing Elements are now on much more even ground in terms of Auras and Gifts, and that each Element now feels much more unique in its playstyle.

Racial Traits

Almost immediately it was pointed out that several races lacked traits that reflected their textual descriptions, and in more than one case there were redundant or just plain BORING traits. Well, fear not. With these new traits, boring is no longer a concern, and each race's identity is more firmly established in the system. They are no longer simple skin swaps, but unique entities with impactful traits that change the flow of both social and combat encounters.

But let me give you some hard examples instead of pretty words. The Alypse now possess the racial trait: Agents of Entropy. At the start of every conflict, an Alypse player rolls a d4. The Alypse may force his opponents to reroll a number of rolls equal to that d4 value; conversely, the GM may force the players to reroll an equal number of times whenever they choose. Alypse, regardless of association, are unaffected by this.

Or let's look at Umbra for the Shades. If they make two or more consecutive move actions, they may leave behind an Illusion of themselves in any square they passed through. There will be upgrades to this ability in the future. Nothing is set in stone yet, but for those familiar with Guild Wars 2, just imagine treating this Illusion like a Mesmer's spells. That's the sort of ideas I'm currently toying with.

Keep an eye out for these updates in our next upload of the Free Playtest over in the Playtest forum. We will post the changelog and an announcement of the upload when it occurs. Let us know what you think over there. See you all again soon!

fenrirwolflord

Shattered Core Backer
I very much can not wait for the update and just in a very good time. I am heading up north to visit many friends and family and my gaming group is up there. So i am hoping to get my hands on it so i can run a game for them. Thank you all so much for working so hard on this fantastic game.а

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
I would still like to see Prosthetics and Modular addons elaborated on. Drones get a bonus to whatever they are, but nothing in the game details prosthetics.

Is that on the cards for the next release?

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
BEAR said
I would still like to see Prosthetics and Modular addons elaborated on. Drones get a bonus to whatever they are, but nothing in the game details prosthetics.

Is that on the cards for the next release?
Putting it on the agenda. It was an old system that quickly was made unusable by changes in other mechanics. Thanks for putting this back on our radar.

genoby

Shattered Core Backer
it may be an old thread but is anyone else missing further information on shields, it says this:

Cover

Shields with this trait are large enough that you may use them

Pul

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Dun dun dunnn!

So, this thread hasn't had a Developer Update since the first! Unfortunately that falls mostly on myself to blame, and I shall take responsibility there.
Aside from gratuitous amounts of work polishing the Playtest for the Official Playtest release, we've been hard at work completely overhauling Crafting, and have intentions of having it released with the Playtest!!!

Originally it was a brutally simple system. Weapons added damage, and Armor / Shields added armor, plus a few minor effects.
Now, we're working on allowing Weapons to be customized for particular encounters, adding in aаslew of ever-growing options for those upgrading their weapons. Do I want some extra damage? Or do I want the ability to temporarily paralyze a foe with an Arc Projector! Decisions, decisions, all for you wonderful players to make!

Thus far we've done major work (Still needs polishing though, and always has room for ideas!) within the following Crafting Systems,а

Weapons, Armor and Shields, Alchemy, Traps, and Prosthetics.а

Left for major work, though still intended to make release, will be Poisons and a system for Casters to spend their Notes on offensive capability :D.

Any thoughts / Comments / wishes to be included in the Crafting System will be welcomed! We're funded by you, and value your input!
Have a good day!

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Attention Backers!

For those that might not have somehow missed it, the Official Playtest is up for your playing pleasure.аhttps://shattered-rpg.com/forums/backer-lounge/official-playtest/