A Human, Rekindled and Vampire walk into a bar...

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Hey all!

My name is BEAR, I am a long term tabletop gamer and an avid fan of the dark, gritty type of horror-tech being demonstrated in the artwork shown in Shattered. I dabble a bit in concept art as well as writing, and I also run a channel over on YouTube called The Hidden Redcoat, known for its less than professional quality, some laughs and a few rounds of drunken Killing Floor. Mostly I cover the game Warframe, as I am a long-term player and a Community Moderator for their official forums.

After one of my fellow YouTube people gave this game a shout-out on Twitter, I knew I needed to be part of this. Now I am an official Love-Crafter, ready to see this game funded and sent to the soaring heights of wonder.

When we get some play test material, I will be more than happy to run a few online games on the forums if you guys are up for it.

I am also planning on making some Shattered-inspired art and perhaps some short stories once I get a better handle on the lore and the background. Because yeah. Love at first sight.

Also, #RekindledMasterRace.

Later!

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Welcome! I've always loved KF. I preordered it back in May 2009 (nearly 6 years ago, holy crap!) and I've loved it ever since. It is the only game that is always installed on Steam.

We hope to have a bit of material (mainly the current revision of the Character Sheet) out for you SoonTM. I hope you do run a few games, despite us creating the game most of the devs aren't really a fan of being a GM. (weird, I know)

I'm really glad you enjoy the world, it's something I've been working on with the team for over two years, and they've been working on it for longer than that. Unfortunately, I can't agree with you on the Rekindled, the Vampires are my babies. heh.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Well, I would love to run a game for you guys!

Would be an interesting reverse from the KickStarter reward; running a campaign for the Devs instead.

My games usually go a bit... Cthulhu-side no matter the system, so I hope you guys would be up for some existential horror!

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
Hahaha hell yes. I think you'll like our Fear system then. *makes a note to put more points into Resolve*

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
TL;DR: you can lose actions, gain insanity points (which can make things interesting with certain Talents), or even die from Fear.

а

EDIT: and you know how you like to break minds? Yeah well, there's mental illnesses caused by Insanity for that.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Ahhh. Where have you guys been my whole gaming life?

Gritty, supernatural steampunk, mixed with a slather of Lovecraftian horror and Warhammer-like levels of GrimDark.

#NoRegrets

Pul

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Hey BEAR, first off thanks for the support.

Glad to see you're digging the Rekindled, I like to claim them as mine, though clearly they were a team effort. Mostly they spawned from the Psy system, utilizing the power of the mind to affect the real-world.а

As for the game you plan to run, I see you'll be invoking a significant amount of fear, which will make my Rekindled Psy rather decent muahahaha.
As Tex mentioned, while we did Dev, we only have 1, maybe 2 who are veteran GM's. So a fresh game, with a new GM mentality sounds like a wonderful breath of fresh air.

I look forward to playing, and as always, if you have any questions feel free to ask

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Will do, and I would be thrilled to run a game for you guys.

Also, as a side note, this is my first pass at some Rekindled fanart:

Will get a colored version up.... soonish?

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Hah! Maybe when it's finished.

If you need art donations, I am more than happy to provide.

Right now it's a little shamefully unfinished. Will try and get something colored up soon.

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
Okay sounds good.

Thanks for your offer, we're definitely going to need all the art we can get and you have some serious talent. So if you want to getаsome art in the book feel free to art away!а

The whole team is really impressed.

-zip

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer

A gift for you all then.

EDIT: In hindsight, this design seems more in line with the drones. I just re-read the description you guys provided for the Rekindled, and I think I can do better.

I guess we'll see!

NKdotzip

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
So now that you've got it colored, can we feature the piece in our next update and on our facebook page? If you have a deviantart page or another art gallery, we'd love to include that too.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
My DeviantArt page is woefully out of date, but perhaps this is a good opportunity to update it.

As for using the picture, please, feel free to do what you want with it. I willingly hand it over for you to use as you see fit. As far as I am concerned, you own the image now, but don't think this is the last piece of Shattered-inspired art you are going to be seeing from me!

This setting is basically what I have been looking for in an RPG setting. Iron Kingdoms came really close, but it was missing that level of existential horror that I like in games. Judging by your fear system, I think this may be the perfect storm of RPG.

I'm going to start doodling some ideas for my 'Love-Crafter' monster soon as well I think. I want to make it a doozy.

Konrad

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
BEAR said

A gift for you all then.

EDIT: In hindsight, this design seems more in line with the drones. I just re-read the description you guys provided for the Rekindled, and I think I can do better.

I guess we'll see!
I disagree. This fits beautifully with the Rekindled. I mean the initial concept is that they are mere fragments of the deceased, brought back together through sheer willpower and a little magic. So this is awesome. I really am looking forward to seeing some other people's takes on the races, because I think once people see just how diverse they truly are, the world will really begin to blossom in their minds' eyes.

bear

Grunt
Shattered Core Backer
Konrad said

BEAR said

A gift for you all then.

I guess we'll see!
I disagree. This fits beautifully with the Rekindled. I mean the initial concept is that they are mere fragments of the deceased, brought back together through sheer willpower and a little magic. So this is awesome. I really am looking forward to seeing some other people's takes on the races, because I think once people see just how diverse they truly are, the world will really begin to blossom in their minds' eyes.
Well, thank you sir! I am glad you like it!

Top Bottom