• Forums Closed Indefinitely


    Hey! We wanted to thank you all for your contribution to these forums. However, at this time with the lack of activity and the constant influx of bots, we find it unncessary to continue to operate these forums.

    Please join us on our Discord Server!

The 1337th New Texas Abyssal Fists

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#21
"damned orks. good thing they are xenos scum and cant understand how aiming works. Sarge you want Tibs or me on the stubber? orks seem to be a bit more resilient than basic lead me to believe. i can start melting them with my hellgun if Ralley turns this blessed machine more" handing the m36 back to Natalia.
 

Lithairian

Idea Man
Staff member
INDE Staff
#22
Seeing her aim all over the place, cyntha curses under her breath. seeing the battlefield before her she quickly reacts. "Tib, Man the stubber. Wilhelm, make use of that hellgun. Ralley, lets move this beauty for some greater effect and defense of our squad." She starts speaking over the micro-bead, "Not bad Fisters! Will see this port ours yet! FOR THE EMPEROR! FOR NEW TEXAS!"(INSPIRE(half-action)command(53(43FEL +10skill) v roll 30) Feeling she has inspired the troops she turns to the turret gun and opens fire on the warbuggies.(half action) (BS 47(37+10) v roll 68)
 

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
#23
"Aye aye, sarge!" Tib glided in behind the controls of the heavy stubber with glee and sets his lascannon behind the seat where it won't twack the other members of the squad in the head. "POINT ME TO THE ORKS, RALLEY! I'M READY TO MOW ME SOME GREEN WEEDS!" he shouted with unbridled glee.
 
Last edited:

NKdotzip

The Occasional Wizard
Staff member
INDE Staff
#24
"Heh, roger that!" Ralley replies, moving the Chimera forward 30m forward at tactical speed (2 Half Actions, no check required), making sure to keep the starboard-bow angled at the approaching Orks, "Give 'em the Emperor's fury and I'll run over what's left!"
 

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#25
"thats more like it Ralley! lets open up on those xeno scum!" Firing his hellgun out the firing port at any runtherd he can see. (BS 66 (56+10ins.) v 42) (3 potential hits Damage: 8, 5, 6 w/pen 7)
 

Konrad

Wordsmith
Staff member
INDE Staff
Shattered GM
#26
With clear instructions, the team begins to come together, and Cyntha's bellows invigorate the crew. Her shots, however, go wide. Unfortunate.

While the orks on foot had been smart enough to go to ground, they had not been smart enough to stay entirely behind cover. Wilhelm plugs 2 shots into the same runtherd, easily identified by his wounds. The first rendered his gun hand useless. He curled over on the second. Seeing this, the remaining runtherd established his dominance then urged his minions onward. Four gretchin clambered out of the rent and rushed forward.

They split. Two gretchin ran toward the right flank and two toward the left. The runtherd followed behind those on the Chimera's left. By this point the gretchin and runtherd had closed to 10m on either side and were far enough on the flanks to be outside the hull-mounted Bolters arc of fire.

The warbuggies were closing to 60m and firing full-auto. The high speeds were wreaking havoc on their aim and what few shots connected were far too weak to do anything. This information seemed to finally click in their tiny green brains. Anyone with visibility forward could see the drivers drawing choppas.
 

Lithairian

Idea Man
Staff member
INDE Staff
#27
seeing the shift in the warbuggies Cyntha sent over the micro-bead, "Buggies switching to choppas! Whielm, switch to bolters and clear the trash near us. Tibs focus that stubber on the buggies. Ralley, begin evasive maneuvers after we fire! Lets wipe this green dirt off our space port!" (INSPIRE(half action) COMMAND 53(43FEL +10skill) v roll 65) She turns the turret lasers on the war buggies to cut them down. (half action) (BS 37(37+10 -10) v roll 45) (IF hit(doubtful) damage 25 PEN 6(2+3 BSB+1 DoS))
 
Last edited:

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
#28
"Take this you sorry sonsabitches! I won't let you get around us!" barked Tib as he open-fired with the heavy stubber on the group of 2 gretchin and 1 runtherd. (BS 46-10 = 36 vs 15 roll; 3 successes; pen 3+ 3 successes = 6; dmg 1d10+4; 10+4 = 14, 2+4=6, 3+4=7; Righteous Fury 1d5 = 2)
 
Last edited:

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#29
Wilhelm hears the command and as quickly as anyone can manuever through a bunch of guardsmen crammed in a tank can, makes his way to the bolter turret. "Alright im in but i havent fired one of these since basic." Cursing under his breath due to the position he has to sit in to shoot, the large charge pack making it difficult to fit in the seat. He lets loose on the bolter at anything charging the tank. (BS 56 (-10 full auto +10 short range) v 32) (potential hits 3 on body body arm, damage 17, 13, 16 pen5 (10 damage dropped from tearing property))
 
Last edited:

NKdotzip

The Occasional Wizard
Staff member
INDE Staff
#30
"On it!" Ralley hollers into the microbead, "I'll keep us moving, but don't think I'm letting you guys have all the fun."

She shifts gears and works the tread control pedals, making an effort to give the rest of the team the best possible firing lines turning to follow, Ram, and, hopefully, run over the flanking Runtherd (Full Action) (Operate 45 Ag + 10 Skill + 10 Inspire Bonus vs. Roll of 15) (Damage - Front Facing AP + 7).
 

Konrad

Wordsmith
Staff member
INDE Staff
Shattered GM
#31
Cyntha only landed a single shot in her latest volley, but it was a good one. The fuel line beside the driver of the lead buggy sprang a wild leak, dousing the driver in flammable fluid. He began swerving, trying to block the flow with one hand and steer with the other. A fine mist from the broken line drove the gunner's last burst skyward, so high it even missed the shuttle behind your Chimera.

Before they could recover the situation, the heavy Bolter opened up, and everyone within eyesight was reminded of the glory of the Emperor. The first round struck the big shoota on the back of the leaking warbuggy, triggering a detonation of the round in the chamber. The conflagration of that small detonation was sufficient to catch all the flammable liquids spewing everywhere. Those with a forward view were treated to quite the spectacle. Fire seemed to alight in midair from seemingly nothing, then rain down upon the poor driver. Then the rest of the ammunition caught. The warbuggy exploded, and the poor boyz on it were too distracted by the previous leak to even attempt a dodge. The explosion was large enough to throw jagged shrapnel at the others, but the bits were too small to do any real damage.

And that was just the first Bolter round. Wilhelm shifted to the next buggy and delivered two solid strikes. The warbuggy emerged from the small puff of smoke with a sizable hole in the hood and a flat tire that kept rolling like nothing had happened.

At about the same time, Tiberius unloaded the stubber on the unsuspecting trio on the Chimera's right flank. The runtherd took a slug to the chest, stumbled, and took a second well-aimed round to the dome. Green and gray matter spattered everywhere and the headless carcass toppled over backward with the force. Tiberius's third round caught a gretchin at the hip, severing its leg and spilling its entrails on the tarmac. Two down.

And before the last gretchin could fully comprehend the terrible choices it had made, Ralley introduced it to the inexorable force of an Imperial Chimera. The Chimera hooked a hard right, grinding up plasticrete beneath its treads, then spun a hard one-eighty. The gretchin's foot was caught by a tread, ground to green paste, and the rest of him was flattened by the Chimera's ceramite belly.

The Chimera was once more facing the approaching pair of warbuggies, still 60m out. On its left were a pair of leaderless gretchin 12m away. The latter dashed across the open runway and leaped for the Chimera's top. One headbutted the skirting and fell on his ass but the other successfully parkoured his way onto the vehicle. The only way to engage them now was to exit out the rear or top hatches (rear will require a full action, top hatch will require a half action but Cyntha will need to move).

The damaged warbuggy gave a final salvo, which again missed entirely thanks to the wild maneuvers of Operator Ralley. Then the two boyz grabbed their choppas and launched themselves at the Chimera. One flopped on his belly at the front edge of the weaponized transport, legs dangling in front of the heavy Bolter and his upper half in full view of the Stubber. The second concussed himself with the barrel of the Multi-Laser. But he was still an ork, and he maintained his footing and consciousness.

The final buggy came barreling by, hoping to strike some weak point in the side or rear armor. The Chimera endured two full barrages from the big shoota with naught but scratches. Then the buggy was past, 6m behind the Chimera and still gaining distance.

Conditions: -10 to all shots from the Chimera next round (ramming speed). The dangling orkboy is considered point-blank (+30) for the Bolter and Stubber. The ork on the barrel and the successful gretchin are also point-blank for the Stubber. The Multi-Laser is too long to aim at any of them. The gretchin on the ground is out of field of fire for all weapons and must be engaged externally.
 
Last edited:

Lithairian

Idea Man
Staff member
INDE Staff
#32
hearing the impact on the hull of the chimera, Cyntha from the commanders spot quickly inspects and plans. Over the micro-bead. "Tibs, stubber the ork and gretchin. Wilhelm, bolt that dangling orkboy! Ralley lets paint the floor with that gretchin on the ground!" (INSPIRE(half action) COMMAND 53(43FEL +10skill) v roll 58) Having given the orders she focused the multi-laser on the warbuggies(half action),"Your flight is about to depart the tarmac you green bastards!" (BS 37(37+10 -10) v roll 19(2 success) (damage 19 pen 7(2+3BSB+2DoS), 20 pen 7(2+3BSB+2DoS))
 

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
#33
Tib grunted in agreement as he opened up on the unsuspecting ork and gretchin, ready to blast a few more. (BS 46-10+30=66 vs 9 roll; 6 successes; 3+6 DoS = 9 pen; dmg: 6+4=10, 1+4=5, 2+4=6, 5+4=9, 6+4=10, 3+4=7)
 

NKdotzip

The Occasional Wizard
Staff member
INDE Staff
#34
Ralley makes for another round with the tank, trying to mop up what's left on the ground (Full Action) (Operate 45 Ag + 10 Skill vs. Roll of 38) (Damage - Front or Side Facing AP + 7).
 

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#35
Following orders, Wilhelm unloads on the dangling ork in front of his bolter. (BS 76 (-10 ramming, +30 PBR) v 30) (5 potential hits, D: 15, 18crit, 14, 13, 14 pen 5) "Looks like we just cristened this Emperor Blessed machine in xeno blood, eh Ralley?"
 

Konrad

Wordsmith
Staff member
INDE Staff
Shattered GM
#36
What followed was damn near close to a slaughter. Cyntha barked her orders and spun the turret to fire on the passing warbuggy, which seemed hellbent on reaching the shuttle. The first shot nearly crippled the gunner. The second one caught the ammo box, which detonated and lit both orks on fire. They were alive, but just barely.

The Stubber painted the Chimera a splotchy green as the ork and gretchin were turned to mist, and the Bolter likewise made short work of the dangling ork up front, blasting him in half.

The other half fell off when Ralley kicked the Chimera into another professionally executed spin and ground the last gretchin into the tarmac.

Any chance to celebrate was quickly cut short by the now familiar sound of big shoota rounds hitting everything but the Chimera. There were five of them quickly approaching from 140m to the north and a couple had rokkit launchas.

As if on queue, a female voice cut across the comms. "Cavalry's here, boys!" Two Chimeras emerged onto the tarmac just 20m to the West and turned to face the oncoming warbuggies.

To recap: one buggy on fire, 24m from you and 10m from the shuttle, which doesn't look too good (Awareness +0). Five more from the north at 140m. Some have big guns. But you've got the power of friendship!
 

Tex

Lore Master
Staff member
INDE Staff
#37
Hearing the big shoota rounds slam into the ground around them, made Tib turn his turret to the source. While slightly out of range, he fired the heavy stubber at the nearest warbuggy. (BS 46 - 10 range - 10 vehicle = 26 vs 6; 3 DoS; success; 3 + 3 DOS = 6 pen; dmg: 2+4=6, 5+4=9; 8+4=12). "No rockets for you assholes, let's see if I can neuter you!"
 

Lithairian

Idea Man
Staff member
INDE Staff
#38
Scans the scene of the warbuggy near the shuttle.(half action) (Awareness 29 V roll 99),"Alright we got this in the bag boys! Ralley lets give that war buggy near the shuttle a good sendoff! I want our ride out of here able to be fixed!" Having assessed the scene(so poorly...) she moves to focus fire on the new threat with the multi laser (BS 37(37+10 -10) v roll 37(1 success) (damage 27 pen 6( 2+3 BSB+1DoS)). "Go back to the wastes you came from!"
 

lostabyss

Administrator
Staff member
INDE Staff
#39
"what a friendly greeting for a bunch a xeno scum. The Emperor returns their greetings in kind" says Wilhelm unleashing a barrage of heavy bolter fire at the rokkit warbuggies in the distance (has 150m range). (BS 36 (-10 full auto -10 maneuvering) vs 74 and 97) "ah shit...Sarge we got a problem! machine spirits please, dont do this to me just because i like my hellgun more!"
 

NKdotzip

The Occasional Wizard
Staff member
INDE Staff
#40
Following orders, Ralley turns the Chimera in pursuit of the warbuggy that's nearing the shuttle at tactical speed (30 m, 2 half-actions, no check required).